Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Re: 1987 45 Convertible - Anyone know her?

Quote Originally Posted by Scope View Post
    Thank you for your service and I am sorry for your loss!
    It was my greatest honor to serve this country.

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    Which Boat needs him?

Tony
    Believe he is referring to the sunk one in CA.

Made an offer on a boat today... We shall see.

Best of luck!

DAN

Good luck, hope this is the one.

If I missed it, sorry. Did Dealman get a Hatteras?

Jolly Mon hasn't been in her slip at Kent Narrows. Did somebody here buy her? Looked like a nice boat.

She did get sold, but not to Dealman. She went to a fellow in Wilmington, NC, I think it is, who rode off into the sunset, more or less, with her. Nice boat, not a garage queen, but a solid one.

[Quote = Pearl Island; 287546] Io proprio dal maggio dello scorso anno, un 45 C 1990 ri-alimentato con QSM11 660hp.
    E 'il 2 testa e la regina letto il layout.
    I motori sono vicino al 1500hrs dal 2007, quando la barca è stata ri-alimentato. Io stesso ho fatto circa 350hrs tra cui 200 ore per spostare il suo da New Orleans a Rep. Di Panama. Ero alla ricerca di un 46C 45C o, ha finito per essere un 45C dovuto principalmente alla disponibilità di ri-alimentato al momento dell'acquisto . amo il 45C, è una barca molto confortevole e mi piace il grande pozzetto. Mi sarebbe sicuramente cercare di trovare uno con un letto matrimoniale, 2 disposizione capa se fossi fuori di nuovo alla ricerca di uno. Chi l'QSM11, si tratta di un motore molto affidabile, come un diesel elettronico a 4 tempi che si suppone essere più silenzioso e una migliore il consumo di carburante di un 2 tempi meccanico. La sala macchine è pulita e priva di olio. Niente fumo a qualsiasi regime. Mi piace il display Smartcraft erano tutte le informazioni del motore viene visualizzato tra cui GLS / ora. Finora il motore non ha mai fallito e solo la manutenzione sono stati olio, filtro e zinco cambiamento. La cintura anche bisogno di essere stringere circa ogni 200 ore. Prima ho acquistato la barca, non sapevo molto di motori diesel e ho ancora molto da imparare. A boatdiesel.com è un ottimo posto per trovare informazioni e se si guarda per il collettore di scarico troverete questo per essere un punto critico sul QSM11. Sembra che la causa principale è che era in origine un motore di camion che è stato convertito in un motore marino mantenendo il gas di scarico secco e turbo. Il consenso sembra essere, in esecuzione i motori duro e si hanno incrinato collettore di scarico dopo 1500-2000hrs. Limitare il consumo di carburante massima per 17gls / h / motore e durerà per un lungo periodo di tempo lungo. Sembra più accurata di installare Pyros per EGT. Come per ogni motore, è importante che la barca non è overpropped e si ottiene rpm max a WOT, altrimenti i motori si potrebbe surriscaldare. Il motore in sé sembra essere di costruzione solida e può durare 10 -20,000hrs prima MOH se preso bene la cura di e seguire il 17gls / h / motore. Per il proprietario che gestisce 100hrs / anno non importa, ma se lo fai + 400-500hrs è di importanza che il vostro motore ultime molte ore. Gol / hr = Hp = calore. In generale si ottiene circa 20hp per gallone / h di combustibile bruciato. Una linea guida per i motori differenti se si guarda per una lunga durata può essere quello di vedere il loro voto Hp per uso continuo come un generatore. Alcune figure ho registrato dai miei motori. A 800 rpm lo fa ~ 8kt e bruciare 2.2gls/engine A 900 giri lo fa ~ 9kt e bruciare 3.1gls/engine a 1700 giri al minuto che fa ~ 18kt e bruciare 15.8gls/engine a 2100 giri al minuto che fa ~ 25kt e bruciare 26gls/engine A WOT 2350 rpm lo fa ~ 29kt e bruciare 34gls / motore maggior parte delle volte che vado per la traina in 800-1000rpm e, occasionalmente, per la crociera a 1700rpm. spero che sia per un aiuto. [/ quote]

salve che invertitori ha

Does anyone on the forum speak enough Italian to advise me of whether I should leave these up? I don't speak or read any, so I have no idea. I don't trust Google translate to make the decision for me. I don't want to be unfair to the poster, but I have very little idea what's being said here.

Here is a translation of post 207 and 208:

I just since May last year, a 45 C 1990 re-fed with QSM11 660hp.
    And 'the second head and the queen bed layout.
    The motors are close to 1500hrs since 2007, when the boat was re-powered. I myself did about 350hrs including 200 hours to move her from New Orleans to Rep. Of Panama. I was looking for a 46C or 45C, it ended up being a 45C mainly due to the availability of re-fed at the time of purchase. I love the 45C, it is a very comfortable boat and I like the large cockpit. I would definitely try to find one with a double bed, two head layout if I were out again in search of one. About the QSM11, it is a very reliable engine, such as a 4-stroke electronic diesel that is supposed to be quieter and better the fuel consumption of a mechanical 2 times. The engine room is clean and free of oil. No smoke at all speeds. I like the Smartcraft display were all engine information is displayed including GLS / hour. So far the engine has never failed and only maintenance were oil and filter change zinc. The belt also need to be tightening around every 200 hours. Before I bought the boat, I did not know much about diesel engines and I still have a lot to learn. A boatdiesel.com is a great place to find information and if you look for the exhaust manifold will find this to be a critical point on QSM11. It seems that the main cause is that it was originally a truck engine that has been converted into a marine engine while maintaining the dry exhaust gas and turbo. The consensus seems to be, running the engine hard and you have cracked exhaust manifold after 1500-2000hrs. Limit the maximum fuel consumption for 17gls / h / motor and will last for a long period of time. It seems more accurate to install Pyros for EGT. As for each motor, it is important that the boat is not overpropped and you get rpm max at WOT, otherwise the engine may overheat. The engine itself seems to be of solid construction and can last 10 -20,000hrs before MOH if well taken care of and follow 17gls / h / engine. For the owner who runs 100hrs / year does not matter, but if you do + 400-500hrs is important that your engine last many hours. Goals / hr = Hp = heat. In general you get about 20hp per gallon / h of fuel burned. A guideline for the different engines when looking for a long term can be to see their vote Hp for continuous use as a generator. Some figures I recorded from my engine. At 800 rpm does ~ 8kt and burn 2.2gls / engine at 900 rpm does ~ 9kt and burn 3.1gls / engine to 1700 rpm which makes ~ 18kt and burn 15.8gls / engine at 2100 rpm which makes ~ 25kt and burn 26gls / engine at 2350 rpm WOT does ~ 29kt and burn 34gls / engine most of the time I go for trolling in 800-1000rpm and occasionally for cruising at 1700rpm. I hope it's for help.

Post 208: prejudice that has inverters
    Last edited by PeterK; 09-06-2016 at 10:26 AM.