Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

spin on transmission filter

Hi everyone

I am converting to spin on filter on a allison M20 on a 8-71ti engine in a 58ft yf. the filter base is:
    Allison Ht Transmission Filter Base 25010806-1 could someone tell me the threads in the base and the transmission so i can make up hoses to fit.

thanks

Henry

Re: spin on transmission filter

picture of base

25010806-1 filter base.jpg

If you already have the adapter and no one here knows the threads, you can buy a threads per inch indicator from any industrial supply, like Enco or McMaster Carr online.

Similar to gap indicators like for spark plugs, they come in a small carrier and you swivel the little sheet metal thread indicators until you find one that matches perfectly your threads and then note the stamped TPI on the matching gauge. Then with tape measure to figure ID you can combine that info with standard thread charts and figure out what it actually is.

Not to scare you but i have thought several times about doing away with the canisters. I did the secondary fuel but i did not do the transmission every one said they would not because the spin owns may burst the seals in the filter itself, That would be a mess sure nuff.Might think twice.

As I remember, I did not change the filter base on my Allisons. They make an adapter that screws into the old canister base. As far as pressures, I would not worry with Allisons as the pressures are not that high. Mine have been on there for 9 years and 1000hrs(not the same filter) and I have never had a problem.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    As I remember, I did not change the filter base on my Allisons. They make an adapter that screws into the old canister base. As far as pressures, I would not worry with Allisons as the pressures are not that high. Mine have been on there for 9 years and 1000hrs(not the same filter) and I have never had a problem.
    Same here. I believe mine were a stock part at Fleetpride.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau