Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Miami boat show

Miami boat show

My sons down in Mia training on the 767 for Atlas cargo. I'm headed down and looks like we're going to the show. Anyone else going?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Miami boat show

I'm contemplating Sunday / Monday, haven't made decision yet. Brett

Ed, Susan (the Mermaid) and I are planning to go on Friday.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Decision made: going Sunday afternoon and Monday. Brett

Post some photos, y'all, please. For those of us headed elsewhere and who can't get to the boat show, unfortunately. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Post some photos, y'all, please. For those of us headed elsewhere and who can't get to the boat show, unfortunately. Maybe next year.
    HI JIM!!!
    Is it possible for all of us flunkies to meet somewhere maybee New Bern if that bunch from Sams could swing a factory tour and steak supper.Can you put a word into the grand master. It would be grate to see some of you guys and your wife & daughters. It would be fun eaven if Freebird showed up with Pucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    HI JIM!!!
    Is it possible for all of us flunkies to meet somewhere maybee New Bern if that bunch from Sams could swing a factory tour and steak supper.Can you put a word into the grand master. It would be grate to see some of you guys and your wife & daughters. It would be fun eaven if Freebird showed up with Pucker.
    It's kinda hard to do anything with the boy when school is going, but I'm always up for a meat and greet. I don't know why I didn't think to book us a tour when we were down your way last summer, but we'll probably head that way again when school is out. It was a nice break from our usual Florida trips.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Haven't decided yet on when to go. We are in the middle of such a nasty cold snap down here! Thursday will be the least crowded, Friday and Saturday are forecast to be a milder weather days.

Thursday.....Frigid with a high of only 62.
    Friday.........Milder with a high of 69.
    Saturday.....Comfortable with a high of 73.
    Sunday.......Cold again...High 64.

I've been shivering in Miami this week babysitting "Wilson the Cat", who happens the be the master on board a stunningly nice 76 Lazzara. The little monster is SO SPOILED!
    DSCN2243.jpgDSCN2271.jpg
    And yes, New YOLO replaces the 58' 1985 Hatteras YOLO which closed last week.

And for anyone who can't make the Miami Boat Show this week, Remember, the exceptional Palm Beach International Boat Show is next month. Thursday March 17-Sunday March 20.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post

And for anyone who can't make the Miami Boat Show this week, Remember, the exceptional Palm Beach International Boat Show is next month. Thursday March 17-Sunday March 20.
    I attended last years Palm Beach show for the first time and was amazed at how nice it was. A magical experience for me as after the show closed I trapsed across Alligator Alley to Naples and the next morning was jaw dropped at the astoundingly nice 65 foot Viking CPMY that was to become our own within a month.

How does the Miami show compare in size and typical boats displayed compared to Palm Beach show ? For example, at Palm Beach I saw some used Hatteras and trawlers where, if nothing else I gained some good "interior decorating tips" Could the same be as likely to happen at the Miami show ?

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    The little monster is SO SPOILED!
    Attachment 19690
    As he should be! I've got a spoiled rotten kitty on board, too. I was fostering him for Animal Services and ended up being a "foster fail." I adopted him.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com