Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cradle Rubber

Cradle Rubber

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know a source for the 1" rubber that fits over the Marquipt cradle irons. I would like to replace the rubber and Marquipt advises that it only uses two inch rubber now. I can have the cradle modified to accept the two inch rubber pieces but would prefer to use what was there to begin with. The pieces I am talking about are the 1" "U" shapes that goes over the metal supports for the cradle and then get bolted to the supports. The dink sits on these rubber pieces. Thanks.

Re: Cradle Rubber

I used a strip of pliable piling fender material and secured it by using fender washers and screws through the cradle. Not all that pretty, but no one can see it unless the dinghy is in the water, and even then, no one goes back there to look.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Thanks. I was really hoping to find an exact replacement. I'm sort of surprised that this is not an easily found item in some home goods store or otherwise.

Sorry, I misread the title. It thought it said Cradle Robber and I figured you had a picture of your young new hottie here. You can imagine my disappointment.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Sorry, I misread the title. It thought it said Cradle Robber and I figured you had a picture of your young new hottie here. You can imagine my disappointment.
    One of them mooderators going to get you for your thinking

We're not policing thinking. Yet. You know us liberals. LOL

Been married to the Admiral for almost thirty years. The only young, new hottie on the horizon is a new dink/engine if I can't get this blasted Novurania leak and Yamaha engine issue resolved. Life's too short to be chasing silly problems for three years. It's much easier to write a check.