Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Inconceivable

Re: Inconceivable

Would also say this thread is "Mostly Dead"

Quote Originally Posted by GCSI View Post
    The thread title and a portion of the thread itself was a weak attempt at humor via The Princess Bride
    Better to give at least a hint of what the topic is actually about rather than posting one word that tells us absolutely nothing (other than a negative connotation, to me at least).

Another reason to post meaningful topic titles is that Google tends to pick up on forum titles more so than the content. As such a title like "Sams Marine, fantastic Hatteras parts service !" would tend to get picked up by a search engine by someone looking for Hatteras parts and lead them directly here.

(admittedly that part a little silly since anyone typing "Hatteras parts" at Google will be led here anyway....but even better if they also see your praise of them...which they will not, with "inconceivable" as the title)

========================

So, now you have my curiosity up....does any of what I wrote in that regard resonate with you at all, or will you continue to post "mystery" topic titles here in the future ?

I am not going to criticize you if you say something like "Not sure, depends on my mood at the time, none of your damn business" Just genuinely curious what you think now.
    Last edited by Milacron; 02-07-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Would also say this thread is "Mostly Dead"
    Well at least the train wreck of excess posts kept bringing the original Sam's accolades back to position no. 1

I assume you're not a Princess Bride fan.

I assume you're not a Princess Bride fan.
    I might have seen it with my young son years ago...can't remember now. If I did remember every line of that movie, would I have somehow known that a forum post titled "Inconceivable" must be about praising a marine supplier ???

(btw, remember you may be stoking the fires of SEVEN ire by even communicating with me at this point )
    Last edited by Milacron; 02-07-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Bit of a classic movie. Original post was intended as a light hearted endorsement of Sam's. Made reference in first as well as last post that would be obvious to a fan. Not being a fan, you're not able to see the humor or appropriateness of original or last post.

Bit of a classic movie. Original post was intended as a light hearted endorsement of Sam's. Made reference in first as well as last post that would be obvious to a fan. Not being a fan, you're not able to see the humor or appropriateness of original or last post.
    Wow...you really have no clue what I'm talking about do you ? OK, I officially give up....

Your behavior reminds me of a "non local" belligerent drunk in a neighborhood bar. You stumble into a conversation that really doesn't concern you in a place where you really don't belong, then get all stirred up because you don't understand the context of the conversation. At this point I either do something that I'll probably regret; or walk away. Being the old man that I am, I'll just walk away...

Thumbs up Re: Inconceivable

Finally the words we all wanted to hear. Richard Cranium gives up. Hope he/she never shows up on this site again.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Maybe he has a R O U S in his bilge and that's why he's so angry