Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Inconceivable

Re: Inconceivable

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    True, but I can come up with a more plausible theory that directly connects the aforementioned orifices without taking a leap from female body parts to an unrelated hole in the ground. I think the term originated prior to the adoption of indoor plumbing. In which case one's ass would use a hole in the ground as a sanitary facility. Thus the insult is one of being too dim to determine which to wipe and which to fill in with dirt.

See? No leaps of interpretation and no sexual references.
    OK, I see what you mean now and agree your theory is more plausible. Good job !

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    That is the usual lame reason folks give when called out for meaningless titles..."well, it worked...made you read it didn't it ?" The irony being that is precisely why NOT to type a meaningless title....as it so often causes others to waste their valuable time opening a post that turns out to be of no interest to them.
    If you're so concerned about wasting yours and other's time reading post of no interest, why add so much more waste to the thread? If you've ever dealt with SAMS you'd understand how inconceivable the level of service and knowledge of our specific boats is. I've never experienced this from another manufacturer of any product. I'm not insulting you or mean you any disrespect just trying to help you understand that the thread title is not meaningless. When I was shopping I was looking at a 58 Viking. I called Viking for some very basic info and was amazed they had no detailed info for me. They didn't keep records of the older boats and no comprehensive owner's manuals like Hatteras has until the early 2000's. I wasn't looking for obscure info just things like individual tank capacities. I've called SAMs and they've given me part numbers for things like latches or the little bracket for the shower heads on my boat without even looking them up. So yes that type of service is highly valued, something we like to share and proclaim. For many of us, SAMs is a big part of why Hatteras is our first choice when looking for a boat.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    I do know how to stir the pot...as do you Troll boy. But unlike you, that was not my intention here... see post #32 where I recommend the moderator either lock the thread or delete all I have written in it.

Any "stirring" I do is not with that intention but is simply responding to the constant lies and insults that you guys apparently want to continue ad infinitum. Simply stop the lies and insults and the thread will stop as well. Kept it up and the thread will continue as long as I have the spare time to respond. I will not be bullied.
    Ha, ha. Troll......that's a good one and it surely fits me. That's what I do. I come to this site on a regular basis just looking for a way to bait unsuspecting users into arguments.

You really are a comedian.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    If you're so concerned about wasting yours and other's time reading post of no interest, why add so much more waste to the thread? If you've ever dealt with SAMS you'd understand how inconceivable the level of service and knowledge of our specific boats is. I've never experienced this from another manufacturer of any product. I'm not insulting you or mean you any disrespect just trying to help you understand that the thread title is not meaningless. When I was shopping I was looking at a 58 Viking. I called Viking for some very basic info and was amazed they had no detailed info for me. They didn't keep records of the older boats and no comprehensive owner's manuals like Hatteras has until the early 2000's. I wasn't looking for obscure info just things like individual tank capacities. I've called SAMs and they've given me part numbers for things like latches or the little bracket for the shower heads on my boat without even looking them up. So yes that type of service is highly valued, something we like to share and proclaim. For many of us, SAMs is a big part of why Hatteras is our first choice when looking for a boat.
    Salt...you're not getting it. Of COURSE the topic tile makes sense AFTER YOU OPEN THE THREAD ! The point it is, the OP's title was utterly meaningless *before you open the thread*

In fact it's even worse than that, as the term "inconceivable" is more often used to *complain* about something. When I opened the thread I was expecting to read someone ranting about *bad* service from a company !

Point is, every new topic in an internet forum should have a brief summary of what the topic is actually about.The vast majority of posters agree with that, as most new topics do indeed have appropriate topic titles. As we are not mind readers, it's a common courtesty to others, if nothing else. Why anyone would defend a meaningless, mysterious or misleading topic title is beyond me.

Newbies to web forums, due to their inexperience, can be forgiven for this of course. But it helps to be pointed out once in a while. Just trying to help the forum to be more user friendly and you guys are up in arms about such a minor thing, like I've run over your pet. Meanwhile a member can call my wife a "bimbo" and no one says a thing. The hypocrisy of that is mind boggling.
    Last edited by Milacron; 02-07-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Never have so few (or one) posted so much about so stupid an issue before the coming of mini-messia and his floating apartment house.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Post deleted by me as upon further reflection I think my response was inappropriate.
    Last edited by Milacron; 02-07-2016 at 02:27 PM.

The best thing we can all do is not reply to anything this guy is posting. Maybe just maybe he will go away because no one plays his stupid games and insults. Please don't let Richard Cranium suck you into this crap.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    The best thing we can all do is not reply to anything this guy is posting. Maybe just maybe he will go away because no one plays his stupid games and insults. Please don't let Richard Cranium suck you into this crap.
    That is a great idea actually.....considering the "we" will tend to be the usual blowhard supects and the (nearly) silent majority here will continue to respond as they wish.

You should have noticed I rarely show up here anymore as it is, since I have finally fixed all but one of my "new to me boat" issues. But if someone has a question such as one Cruisair related a month or so back where I seemed to be the only one with a "similar experience" answer, I will help with info best I can.
    Last edited by Milacron; 02-07-2016 at 02:31 PM.

The thread title and a portion of the thread itself was a weak attempt at humor via The Princess Bride

All while delivering a richly deserved Attaboy to Sams