Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Just had to give an atta-boy to Sam's. Needed a plastic part that receives the drawer glide in my forward stateroom (mounts on back of cabinet), part gave up the ghost during a rough crossing. Was preparing to fabricate a replacement and thought I'd call first. Person who answered phone knew part number off the top of his head, suggested I replace other associated parts that he also knew off the top of his head as well as having in stock. Entire process took less than three minutes. For a 35 year old boat: inconceivable!

To save everyone the effort, I acknowledge that "that word may not mean what you think it means". Brett

Re: Inconceivable

I replaced all of those plastic parts on the numerous drawers I have on my boat, and the new plastic stuff broke, too. Some of the drawers were empty and the new plastic stuff crumbled. I have since started reworking the drawers with different hardware (metal) that won't be so likely to break. I never cared for Hatteras's cabinetry hardware.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

I try to support Sam's on all parts. However just in case they break again and you can't wait for the shipping, Home Depot and Ace Hardware both carry the replacement parts.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have replaced all those plastic drawer parts several times. Sams has all of them in stock'
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Good post but meaningless topic title. Why be so coy in the title ?

Maybe GCSI couldn't conceive the vendor would hit a home run with the first call. Most vendors can't.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

^^^^ What Glory said. I had the same reaction when I called Steve about cables. He found a hand written note with the cable lengths and locations that helped me identify my (slightly different) lengths and runs.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Good post but meaningless topic title. Why be so coy in the title ?
    Maybe he knew that you wouldn't waste your time reading it if all of the relevant information was already in the title.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Now that's funny..........

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Maybe he knew that you wouldn't waste your time reading it if all of the relevant information was already in the title.
    Good idea.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.