Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Inconceivable

Re: Inconceivable

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Yes, without any Googling, that is what occurred to me after the post...that "know" might refer to intercourse in the biblical sense rather than knowledge. The phrase, while a bit humorous, still makes no sense even given that perspective..but at least that gets us a little closer to it's probable origins. "You had just as soon know a hole in the ground as a vagina" would make more sense as a proper insult I guess anal sex could figure into it somehow but I'm not going there !

Regarding my "mis" interpretation, know as in knowledge is *always* the way the phrase is used today. I avoid it myself as it is so ridiculous but have heard it hundreds of times from others directed at others and brought it up this time for that very reason....an extreme example of how English evolves often times in rather strange and sometimes downright idiotic ways.
    You need help!.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Thumbs down Re: Inconceivable

Quote Originally Posted by Finalee View Post
    You need help!.
    So I think the thread has finally died down, I check in and see the name Finalee...and I think...oh lord, here we go again....forgot about him....he will HAVE to pipe in with some sort of insult to cement his bromance bonds with the usual suspects. And sure enough.... disappointingly lame insult though...figured you could do better than that.

So I think the thread has finally died down, I check in and see the name Finalee...and I think...oh lord, here we go again....forgot about him....he will HAVE to pipe in with some sort of insult to cement his bromance bonds with the usual suspects. And sure enough.... disappointingly lame insult though...figured you could do better than that.
    I will give you credit for one thing: You really know how to stir the pot.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

He is stirring it without a Hatteras.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Yes, without any Googling, that is what occurred to me after the post...that "know" might refer to intercourse in the biblical sense rather than knowledge. The phrase, while a bit humorous, still makes no sense even given that perspective..but at least that gets us a little closer to it's probable origins. "You had just as soon know a hole in the ground as a vagina" would make more sense as a proper insult I guess anal sex could figure into it somehow but I'm not going there !

Regarding my "mis" interpretation, know as in knowledge is *always* the way the phrase is used today. I avoid it myself as it is so ridiculous but have heard it hundreds of times from others directed at others and brought it up this time for that very reason....an extreme example of how English evolves often times in rather strange and sometimes downright idiotic ways.
    I dunno. Your theory takes a leap from inability to distinguish a sexual partner to inability to distinguish one's own orifice from another. Kind of a non-sequiter. I think the insult is a straightforward one about obliviousness or sheer ignorance. You seem to keep tossing in a sexual element which would probably make the insult more offensive, I just don't think that connection exists.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Well said Scrod. This guy needs to be ejected.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I dunno. Your theory takes a leap from inability to distinguish a sexual partner to inability to distinguish one's own orifice from another. Kind of a non-sequiter. I think the insult is a straightforward one about obliviousness or sheer ignorance. You seem to keep tossing in a sexual element which would probably make the insult more offensive, I just don't think that connection exists.
    Exactly..you dunno...I dunno. You were the first to mention "know" in the biblical sense, so I could say the same of you regarding the sexual aspect. Lighten up, supposed to be funny....not yet another "I'm right, you're wrong" deal..neither of us "know" for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Well said Scrod. This guy needs to be ejected.
    Poorly said actually. But then you wouldn't know... learning disability I guess, not your fault.

Re "this guy needs to be ejected"... learning disability and a flaming asshole as well...bad combination.
    Last edited by Milacron; 02-07-2016 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I will give you credit for one thing: You really know how to stir the pot.
    I do know how to stir the pot...as do you Troll boy. But unlike you, that was not my intention here... see post #32 where I recommend the moderator either lock the thread or delete all I have written in it.

Any "stirring" I do is not with that intention but is simply responding to the constant lies and insults that you guys apparently want to continue ad infinitum. Simply stop the lies and insults and the thread will stop as well. Kept it up and the thread will continue as long as I have the spare time to respond. I will not be bullied.

Exactly..you dunno...I dunno. You were the first to mention "know" in the biblical sense, so I could say the same of you regarding the sexual aspect. Lighten up, supposed to be funny....not yet another "I'm right, you're wrong" deal..neither of us "know" for sure.
    True, but I can come up with a more plausible theory that directly connects the aforementioned orifices without taking a leap from female body parts to an unrelated hole in the ground. I think the term originated prior to the adoption of indoor plumbing. In which case one's ass would use a hole in the ground as a sanitary facility. Thus the insult is one of being too dim to determine which to wipe and which to fill in with dirt.

See? No leaps of interpretation and no sexual references.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375