Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need Marina in NJ

hi guys and gals....we are planing on going up to the northeast this coming summer "2016" NJ to be more accurate...we are wondering does anyone have any information on any Marinas we could stay at we have a 56' MY with 5' draft and 18'2" beam ...we would like to be on floating docks if possible and from Toms River north ....we used to dock with our first boat " 28' Newport Sloop" sailboat with 41/2' draft at Lighthouse Point Marina but it was always very shallow going in and out of there....we are looking for the months of July-September...thanks

Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Re: need Marina in NJ

How far north? I'd go North to Point Pleasant or to the Sandy Hook Bay area. Anything in Barnegat Bay will be very congested and shallow. There are some nice spots inside Barnegat Inlet on Long Beach Island or go further south to AC, Sommers Point or Cape May. If you need to be closer to Toms River then you'll be in The bay. Can't help you out there as I don't go into Barnegat Bay other than to Wharetown for winter storage.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    How far north? I'd go North to Point Pleasant or to the Sandy Hook Bay area. Anything in Barnegat Bay will be very congested and shallow. There are some nice spots inside Barnegat Inlet on Long Beach Island or go further south to AC, Sommers Point or Cape May. If you need to be closer to Toms River then you'll be in The bay. Can't help you out there as I don't go into Barnegat Bay other than to Wharetown for winter storage.
    Hi saltshaker ... Happy New Year...we don't have to be in Toms River... we are just using that as starting ..point north of their is ok with us too we have been trying to find a place with floating docks " easier for my wife and the side stairs" don't have to worry about the tide change...i would just like some local information of anybody that has been and enjoyed the Marina....what do you recommend?

Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Channel club Marina in Monmouth Beach, NJ. New floating docks, good restaurant, pool, Tiki Bar, 2 blocks to the beach, great restaurants, shopping, night life near by. Easy boat ride up to NYC. Not sure what the monthly rate would be but I think it's $160ft for summer. Pretty sure it's $4 per ft per day for transient but they should give you a better price for 2 months. We're next door at Atlantis Yacht Club. I'd say come on over but we are full. Might be able to get you a spot on the end of the T dock but it's a fixed dock not a floater.
    Jack Sardina

Red face Re: need Marina in NJ

Channel club Marina in Monmouth Beach, NJ. New floating docks, good restaurant, pool, Tiki Bar, 2 blocks to the beach, great restaurants, shopping, night life near by. Easy boat ride up to NYC. Not sure what the monthly rate would be but I think it's $160ft for summer. Pretty sure it's $4 per ft per day for transient but they should give you a better price for 2 months. We're next door at Atlantis Yacht Club. I'd say come on over but we are full. Might be able to get you a spot on the end of the T dock but it's a fixed dock not a floater.
    Hi we plan on staying at least 3 months....the Marina sounds good to us we like to be able to walk to restaurants and not have to drive around a lot....we are going to look that marina up online and we will be in NJ in mid Feb. so then we can check out Channel club Marina and where you are at Atlantis Yacht Club we do like the T Docks a lot ....always good to make new Hatteras friends ...

Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Hey Jack. If I remember "floater" has a different meaning in your neck of the woods.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hi Jack...Happy New Year...we looked up Channel Club Marina on Waterway Guide site and from what the site say their monthly rate is $40 a foot seams like Key West prices...lol...we did like what they have done with the new floating docks and the amenities that they offer....just the pump out is not my favorite not an easy thing having to move the boat to do it....i guess we are spoiled being on the GulfCoast having the pump outs at your slip....lol

Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Hi Jack ...after few messages left at Channel Club Marina they finally got back to me ,they want me to pay for the full season $10,000 + meter electric I told them I only wanted for 3 months - July - September - but they told me that they don't prorate thier slips ,that's out of our budget....you said you might be able to get me on a T dock do you think you can still do that its ok with the fixed docks..will be in Jerzy for the Valentines Day weekend and can come to see the Marina and give a deposit if needed....thanks

Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Let me see what we can do. I'll be at the club this weekend and will discuss what options we can offer. Channel club is getting expensive. They now want their customers to pay for summer and winter even if you don't store with them for the winter. Crazy thing is they don't have enough land storage for all their slip holders so if you want or need to be on the hard for the winter, they expect you to pay regardless. You can also try the Atlantic Highlands Municipal Marina. Walk to town with plenty of good restaurants, theater, movies etc. You would be on the bay side so you'd have to take a short ferry ride to get to the beaches but not really that big of a deal.
    Jack Sardina

Jack thanks for your help we would like to be close to the beach and your place is just right...call me if u want
    973-641-5047... Let me know about the Furuno black box....

Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II