Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras 68- Cable run question

Hi, I have recently bought a 1986 Hatteras 68 CPMY.

The boat is going on a swing mooring and I have a big solar panel I want to put on the flybridge roof.

I am wondering what the best cabling route will be to the port engine room? The cable duct located in front of the flybridge steering wheel appears full of cables and sealed up.

Regards,

Scott.

Re: Hatteras 68- Cable run question

How large of a wire is needed? What is the voltage and amperage of the panel?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thank you. each cable is 4mm in diameter.

Panel is 96 cell, 5.6 amp with max output of 57 volts. We have a 32 volt regulator. (We are marine electrical suppliers by trade so its all matched up for 32 volts.

But my question remains what is the most logical cable routing from the flybridge to the port engine room?

Cheers,

Scott.

I've got a similar model, but they offered different layouts. Mine is galley up and split ER's. If it were me, I'd run thru the radar arch down to starboard side fly bridge to floor level. There is a vent, about 8x8 on the side wall of the fly bridge, below that is where I have the entertainment cabinet, TV/Stereo. From there I can pull out the wine cooler/ice maker, and through the floor there or under the bar sink goes right into the starboard ER. In the ER, there is a chase thru the ceiling to the port side. The putty stuff digs right out.

Thank you.

Yes I have the galley up model. It seems that the factory added the cockpit as an afterthought as the original transom (complete with hatch) is still in place.

I will try to do as you suggest as I know the previous owner had run cables from a TV antenna to the TV cabinet.

I have a bunch of other questions too, but getting the solar panel and batteries sorted out is the priority.

Regards,

Scott.

Thanks. The cable run to the entertainment centre went well.

I tried to remove the icemaker but it was stuck and had to cut hole through the next door cupboard.

It appears at the time of manufacture they permanently affixed the small water delivery pipe to the floor with copper saddles.

The icemaker has now been given away and we now have more cupboard space upstairs for the vacuum. Will connect solar panet to batteries tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Scott.