Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hatteras 54 2002 /2006

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Friend of mine just bought a 62 Ocean. I haven't been out on it but others that have said she rides like an Ocean.
    During hurricane Wilma a boat broke loose from the fuel dock at Pelican yacht club in Ft Pierce. It landed against a 62 Ocean that was docked against the sea wall. The bow of the ocean ripped open like tissue paper. It was about as thick too. It ended up on USAuctions went pretty cheap.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Hatteras 54 2002 /2006

Hey tony thanks for the phone call.

well so far no one has really come back to me with any major concerns with this boat. there have been some small rumbling about how low the transom is to the water line and backing down on a fish will fill the cockpit with water pretty quickly but i have done that plenty of times and i am not overly concerned with that as long the water also goes back out pretty quick.
    the reports seem to be that the hull is a good head sea hull and running performance is also very good ruling out trying to run 30 knots in a 5 to 7 foot sea. 3 to 5 the boat should be fine only time will tell.

the alternatives seem to be 55 viking with mans or 56 viking with mans or 52 viking with mans and all the problems that go along with that decision.

one other comment was that the boat is a loud boat above 30 knots. I would really enjoy talking to a owner who has first hand experience with the 2002 /2004 54 Hatteras but that has not happened yet. It would be nice to hear i owner one for 5 years and loved it or i sold it because of this or that issue.

so hopefully i am not making to bad of a choice.
    thanks for the comments.
    chris