Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: 1968 50' Hatteras Motor Yacht FOR SALE $79,900

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Your like a politician. It doesn't matter what you said just how you want it to be seen after being caught in it.

Swmbo is an insult. Calling you her bitch is correct. No one I know would refer to their wife that way. It's disrespectful. Ten again no surprise there.
    Good Lord....back to the neurotic again....attempting to turn something that is funny to most (including my wife) and standard internet slang into an "insult" to try and backpedal out of your post. It's no different than "my better half" and many other funny slang sayings of old.

Now can we PLEASE stop this ridiculous back and forth and let the OP's ad rest in repose ? I promise not to post another thing in this topic as long as I don't have to respond to yet another insult.

Long time ago I saw a study where people were asked about how well they did their jobs. Then their supervisors were asked the same questions. The determination was that incompetent people didn't realise that they were incompetent. Which makes sense because I'm sure most normal people don't intentionally set out to do the wrong thing.

Maybe if you understood how you come across you'd behave differently. This thread is a perfect example. A long-time, respected member of this forum posts their boat for sale. A boat you've never seen, and aren't interested in purchasing, and yet you start questioning the engines and casting aspersions based on a completely different boat. WTH are you thinking?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Long time ago I saw a study where people were asked about how well they did their jobs. Then their supervisors were asked the same questions. The determination was that incompetent people didn't realise that they were incompetent. Which makes sense because I'm sure most normal people don't intentionally set out to do the wrong thing.

Maybe if you understood how you come across you'd behave differently. This thread is a perfect example. A long-time, respected member of this forum posts their boat for sale. A boat you've never seen, and aren't interested in purchasing, and yet you start questioning the engines and casting aspersions based on a completely different boat. WTH are you thinking?
    OK, this time more backhanded personal insult....so here we go again. Why are you honing in on my simply pointing out things to look out for and completely ignoring the good things I said about the boat ?

Also, you are wrong about my not being interested in purchasing the boat. If I hadn't committed to a large machine tool purchase last week I'd be down there in a heartbeat. I know that sound odd since I already have the Viking....but true nonetheless.

Having said that, I did not notice the seller had a past history here, so in that sense I do at least get a feel for where you might be coming from on this.

Sigh. Maybe you're oversensitive. It's not intended to be an insult. Just an observation that you may not understand how you're coming across and why you get the response you do. I.e. BB Theory's Sheldon has no clue how badly he interacts with others.

"If I hadn't already committed to a large machine tool purchase" Sooooo,... you're still not a potential purchaser, right?

Saying positive things is great, but casting unsubstantiated aspersions undermines the seller and any positive things you may have said. If you want to discuss the service life of Detroits there's a whole technical forum for that. What if you posted a Haas VMC for sale on your forum and someone who had never seen it and wasn't going to buy it replied that: "That's a good price, and the rotary indexer is a nice feature, but I've never had a Haas last more than a couple of years." What do you think that does in the mind of any potential buyer?

There are a very few oversensitive people here, but you've managed to annoy a lot more people than that. So here's your thought for the day: When everybody but you seems to be driving the wrong way on the freeway, it's probably not them.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Why are you honing in on my simply pointing out things to look out for and completely ignoring the good things I said about the boat ?
    Because no one asked for your opinion or analysis.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

So here's your thought for the day: When everybody but you seems to be driving the wrong way on the freeway, it's probably not them.
    Very well said. And very appropriate here.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

What if you posted a Haas VMC for sale on your forum and someone who had never seen it and wasn't going to buy it replied that: "That's a good price, and the rotary indexer is a nice feature, but I've never had a Haas last more than a couple of years." What do you think that does in the mind of any potential buyer?
    Happens all the time...as long as they can back it up, I'm fine with it, and so are 90 percent of the members (in fact most are much more critical on ads that I am). In the case of that specific example, once you call them on it, usually turns out they are machining ceramics running the machine wide open three shifts.

In fact on the rare occasions I place an ad in my own ad forum, if someone has any negative comments about what Ihave for sale, I could simply delete those comments. But I NEVER do. I engage the comments, address them as best I can and let the chips fall where they may.

Now, if this were a PAID classified ad section, a whole different ballgame. But it's not...it's a FORUM where folks can place FREE ads. Asking questions should be ok. In fact on my forum we tried a separate classified ad section once and were inundated with complaints because everyone missed the ability to comment on the ads ! So after a year or so we canceled it !

As to your cute "driving the wrong way" comment....you old timers here have no clue how much you inhibit others from saying what they really think. I could prove this via copy/pasting private messages I get but I'm not going to for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Milacron; 12-06-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Because no one asked for your opinion or analysis.
    As I said earlier, the for sale section is still a FORUM, not a sacred holy text. If the powers that be here want to allow ads with no comment, the solution is to simply lock each ad topic after it is posted. If the seller has something to ad later (like reducing the price or new info) he can request the topic be temporarily reopened for more.

But on most ad forums, that's just the price you pay for free ads...people can comment about them.

So many posts with so little to add. Verbose is one description that comes to mind. A few others not worth posting too.

Maybe we do need to start that poll.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    ...Now can we PLEASE stop this ridiculous back and forth and let the OP's ad rest in repose ? I promise not to post another thing in this topic as long as I don't have to respond to yet another insult.
    Just don't respond to the jabs. I agree some are out of line but you tend to over react to any comment you perceive as a personal attack. Scrod was pointing out how some of your post come across unfavorably and you got defensive. I saw his post as anything but insulting. Try to lighten up a bit and ignore the negative post. This thread has been derailed so far off track. Very disrespectful to the OP. Let it go!!!
    Jack Sardina