Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: 1968 50' Hatteras Motor Yacht FOR SALE $79,900

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Who's this milliamp guy??? ws
    She who must be obeyed's bitch.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post

Trust me, if it were solely up to me, you'd be a distant memory around here.
    I'll second that.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    "I still love Hatteras yachts as well, but it gives me some pause after experiencing this forum to ever own one as they seem to attract a slightly neurotic and ultra sensitive personality.... such as to be embarrassing to be associated with such.

I have to keep reminding myself that is probably not really the case as the "normal" Hatteras owner probably rarely engages in these silly "insult posts" that you and the vocal minority seem to crave."

Trust me, if it were solely up to me, you'd be a distant memory around here.
    I'm a bit surprised it is not solely up to you. Please check your pm inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Billy Blacks "Dutchess" had 40,000 hours on her 8/71's
    Wow..without any rebuilds ??....that is interesting. Can you tell us more about her ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    She who must be obeyed's bitch.
    Funny, I don't know what it is about this forum that keeps drawing me back when there are plenty of alternatives for basic yacht systems discussion. Part of it is love of Hatteras's creations, but part is the fascination of human nature and hypocrisy.

In other words, if I posted the direct insults to members here that are posted to me, this place would erupt into a caldron probably calling for me to be run thru a resaw sliced longtitudally an inch at time ! I have never seen such hyprocrisy in all my life.

What's even more fascinating is how everyone else here seems to get along. Hmmmmm............
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Funny, I don't know what it is about this forum that keeps drawing me back when there are plenty of alternatives for basic yacht systems discussion. Part of it is love of Hatteras's creations, but part is the fascination of human nature and hypocrisy.

In other words, if I posted the direct insults to members here that are posted to me, this place would erupt into a caldron probably calling for me to be run thru a resaw sliced longtitudally an inch at time ! I have never seen such hyprocrisy in all my life.
    There your words. I'd never refer to my wife that way. And I've never met yours.

Are we starting the poll? Do I even need to vote?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Jim -Been mystified what might have brought on your comment about getting rid of me as previously you always voted on my staying. After some pondering it occurred to me the below statement about "vocal minority" you might have thought applied to you as well, as you are "vocal" here often enough. But what I meant was the vocal minority constantly insulting me whenever I disagree with anything that is said. Or in boatsb's case, just to insult no matter what.

So I apparently achieved the polar opposite of what I meant really and I apologize for that misunderstanding. Most of the members here are fine people.

=============================

From previous post- I have to keep reminding myself that is probably not really the case as the "normal" Hatteras owner probably rarely engages in these silly "insult posts" that you ("you" being boatsb) and the vocal minority seem to crave.
    Last edited by Milacron; 12-06-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    There your words. I'd never refer to my wife that way. And I've never met yours.
    At first I had no clue what hell you were talking about but I guess you mean the SWMBO aspect. This is common internet tongue in cheek humor.....the origins of which are the John Mortimer, Rumpole of the Bailey books, which was also a popular BBC TV series years ago. "She who must be obeyed" was how he often referred to his wife for humorous effect, but in reality they got along just fine.

Typical you ignore the "bitch" insult but then focus in on something completely innocent.
    Last edited by Milacron; 12-06-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    At first I had no clue what hell you were talking about but I guess you mean the SWMBO aspect. This is common internet tongue in cheek humor.....the origins of which are the John Mortimer, Rumpole of the Bailey books, which was also a popular BBC TV series years ago. "She who must be obeyed" was how he often referred to his wife for humorous effect, but in reality they got along just fine.

Typical you ignore the "bitch" insult but then focus in on something completely innocent.

Your like a politician. It doesn't matter what you said just how you want it to be seen after being caught in it.

Swmbo is an insult. Calling you her bitch is correct. No one I know would refer to their wife that way. It's disrespectful. Ten again no surprise there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.