Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Any princess 110v stoves available ?

Regarding replacing the stove...... While I have not come up against it yet, my intention is to replace the countertop with something nice, then put in a three or four burner infrared cook top and build a nice cabinet around a micro/convection under it. More efficient cooking all around, and one appliance out of the way. I mean, who actually uses the oven on a boat? Had one for years and never did.

2. Re: Any princess 110v stoves available ?

We Do !!! Have lived onboard full time over 15 yrs now..
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

We use it all the time too... I guess if you only use the boat occasionally and jsut for the day or a week end, you may not need it much, but even for a few days cruise I cant imagine not having an oven.

The best option on most boats where soace is at a premium is to install a good convection/micro/hood combo and a two burner glasstop in the counter. What we found that we never use is more than 2 burners at a time.

This is the best option as you can recover the space used by the old oven for cabinetry and storage.

A good convection oven can do just about everything a conventional oven does
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I agree with Pascal on the 2-burner cooktop. I installed a 2-burner induction cooktop a couple of years ago. I love it. It is a tad fickle about its electric supply. On dock power, it's flawless. On the generator, it has hiccups now and then, and the cooktop actually tells me when to change the fuel filter on the genny long before I have any other symptoms anywhere on the boat. It is very sensitive. Once I change the filter, I'm good to go. For that rare time when I need a third burner (or a fourth one for that matter), I pull out my portable induction cooktop. I have two of those.

I also found a 24" wide oven that opens from the side (as opposed to the traditional oven where you pull the door down). I installed it over my dishwasher. What the micro/convection oven won't do is broil. I really like having the oven at eye level, and I use the broiler a lot. It has saved dinner several times when it has been too windy to keep the grill lit, or when it was pouring down rain. We broil lobster often. If you don't broil, and don't mind not being able to use the microwave when the combo oven is being an oven, then it should be a good space-saving choice.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

I looked at induction when I bought the cooktop a couple of months ago but chickened out when I saw the electronics in there...

We al so use many countertop things on charter including the new cuisinart gridler, a rice cooker and a cuisinart a electric skillet which is great because of the large even cooking surface, ideal for 6 to 12 guests
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pascal

Too bad you are located in FL. I'm removing my Princess oven over the winter. It'll be listed on Craiglist and local FB group forum for sale. I'm located in the Baltimore, MD area. If anyone else is looking, just send me a PM.
    Attached Images

Sorry just noticed Jax started this thread

8. Re: Any princess 110v stoves available ?

Still looking... TSlane had one, but never answered my private messages so guess it's gone...
    Did find two, but both were in bad shape.....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

9. Re: Any princess 110v stoves available ?

I did just find this on Craigslist... And it's less than a mile from my marina... BUT would require me changing from electric to LP, just not sure what all it would entail or where I would put the LP tank or tanks.
    http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/bpo/5507486728.html
    Last edited by Jaxfishgyd; 03-27-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Charlie,

I have a nearly-new one 120V that I bought for my old boat if you are still interested.

We would have to see about shipping it, but some members here get great rates.

DAN