Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: our old Hatts never looked so good!!

I think it's his wife that likes new boats. If she gets a new boats she doesn't have to clean the old. They're the same with their cars. Wish I could do that.

BILL

Well if he has better taste in cars than he does boats, you may offer to "help him out" sometime and scoop one of his year-old cars for half what he paid new!

I like my series I 60' sportfish better than the new ones, and wouldn't trade straight across. Sure, it would be nice to be able to cruise at 35 knots, but I don't want to do so very often, and the decreased range afforded by the huge engines isn't too practical when your home port is San Diego.
    Also, I'm allergic to whitewash and mirrors, and I absolutely hate the melted ice cream bar styling. Might as well buy a Carver, (a statement of quality------LOW quality) and be just like everybody else.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Quote Originally Posted by ADaily3224
    My wife and I attended the Annapolis boat show this year as we do almost every year. It's always a good time. After walking the docks, looking at various boats for most of the day we headed over to the Annapolis Yacht Club to have a drink on the deck and enjoy the view. I was peering out at the Yacht Club Fleet when I noticed a familiar looking design. I got up to get a closer look, it was a fine looking 45, NimRod, one of the forum members boat. I walked down for a closer look, great boat. When I got back I said to my wife " I finally found one I really like, and it's not new."

I'm waiting for a nice day to have a look at that 46 that's for sale on Lake Ontario, although I would prefer a 45, I'll still look, for now.

Tony D
    Tony,

Thanks for the kind words about NIMROD. She is a great old gal that has treated us well over the years. When we were shopping for an upgrade to our 32' SF Hatt back in the early 90's, we looked at 45s, 46s, and 53s. We settled on the '83 46' HP although it was a close race between her and a '85 45'C.

Did we get a chance to speak with you at the Annapolis Show? If you are ever in the area stop in for a cold draft beer. We have two kegs in the bait freezer onboard NIMROD and keep 2 types of beer on tap - it's not always about the fishing you know!!