Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Re: our old Hatts never looked so good!!

I love my 45.

I'm likely to sell her in the next couple of years - but not because I don't like the boat. Simply due to a lifestyle/boating-style change - I want a trawler, and the Sportfish isn't it.

I may buy a LRC though

Re: our old Hatts never looked so good!!

Karl
    Keep me on the short list when you start thinking about a replacement. I have had a couple E mails lately from people asking me to do the same when I get ready to sell. No rush.

Tony D

After attending yet another boat show this past weekend (basically looking for galley design ideas) and climbing around big buck yachts all day the Admiral looks to me and says "See anything you can't live without?" nope. We are just plain happy and comfortable on our old girl. The only show boat that even raised an eyebrow was the Krogen, guess I have a little trawler blood in me too

4. Re: our old Hatts never looked so good!!

Quote Originally Posted by ADaily3224
    Karl
    Keep me on the short list when you start thinking about a replacement. I have had a couple E mails lately from people asking me to do the same when I get ready to sell. No rush.

Tony D
    I'll post it here..... forum members will get dibs, at least for a short while before I put it out generally on the market....

For the difference between a restored 45 Hatteras and a new 45 anything else of comparable quality, which is, what?, about half a million dollars or so, what can you get:
    -lots of diesel fuel
    -a waterfront lot or house, some places
    -two new Ferraris, his and hers
    -ALL the classic and sports car I want to own
    -more vintage musical instruments than you can count
    -tickets to anywhere on the planet for eight or ten of you and your pals
    -1.5 Maybachs or Phantoms
    -enough bubble gum to build a pink Hatteras convertible out of it
    -fill in your favorite idea here.....

6. Re: our old Hatts never looked so good!!

You could even get His and Hers older 45 Hatteras' for the cost of a new one
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

I bought my '81 56' MY in 1998 (when she was 17 years old) for the same price as when she sold new in 1981. I suspect I could sell her for more now. Now that's value.

I agree with all, and for me, this is the first boat that appears to be appreciating , ever!!

Trojan,

I have a theory about the guy in your marina who buys a brand new diesel Sea Ray every year: either he is a Sea Ray Dealer, or he simply HATES MONEY!!!

Yep, some people just seem to have some kind of allergy to mone

K