Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: summer travel

summer travel

I just finished my summer jaunt. I have a 1964 41dcmy, 6v51 diesel engines. We took the boat out for the entire summer. Went from Toronto Ontario, to Montreal Quebec via St. Lawrence River. Stayed in the old port of Montreal for 5 days. Then on to Ottawa via Ottawa River. Stayed for 8 days,tied up by the National Arts Center. From there, Down the Rideau Canal to Kingston Ont, and back to Toronto. Other than hitting a submerged log ( $800.00 prop repair and 5 days waiting in Merrickville Ont.---the wilderness) everything ran perfectly. The stbd. engine smoked a little at 2300 rpm (light grey in color) but the oil consumption did not vary from past trips.

Now I need to recuperate from my vacation.

regards to all

martin derlick

Re: summer travel

Next time take the Chambly Canal down to Lake Champlain and visit us!

Great trip! The St Lawrence is one of my favorites. Been a long time since I was up there with one of my boats.
    Jack Sardina

Hey BobWaz, I spent the better part of 20 summers on Lake Champlain in Malletts Bay at Marble Island. Where on the Lake are you?

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    Hey BobWaz, I spent the better part of 20 summers on Lake Champlain in Malletts Bay at Marble Island. Where on the Lake are you?
    We live on King Bay in the town of Champlain. Rouses Point next town up then Canada. The boat is in Chazy yacht club in the Chazy River. It is only 2 miles from our home. For 3 years I managed Treadwell Bay Marina on the border of Plattsburgh and Beekmantown.