Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Strataglass vs EZ2CY

Trogan ... I have a 1979 43DC and have been considering using EZ2CY on the curved stern corner panels and the two panels next to these corners ... leaving the center stern panel and port/starboard boarding panels soft Isenglas. Do you have any pics of your install? Any thoughts on mixing the two materials as I suggest? Thanks.

You can email any pics to me at eze2bme@aol.com.

I can't advise you on that. All my glass is framed in teak and there are no curved areas. Both corners slide open. The sides slide foward. The rear corners slide in across the back. In the center there are 2, 1/2 in. plastic window doors that swing open left and right. They are about 18 X 36. I think that if you enclose the corners to wide you will not be able to get to the cleat for the dock lines through the hauser. I have that problem when I dock. I can get to them it's just a little awkward. I lean out the back window and stick them through the hauser. Or I leave the lines on the cleat out through the hauser and drape the lines back in over the window sill if it's a short trip. I usally don't remove my dock lines off the dock. Just the one in the stern. I keep 2 sets of dock lines.

BILL

I have some pictures I will e-mail them to you.

BILL