Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Cruiseair Thermistor

Thanks all for the help. I have the newer style SMX displays. It is digital and not the three knob style. As between the two newer displays, in the VIP I have the older style, I think. It seems to me that with a simple two wire splice, I should be able to swap it out. I'll call Richmond once I can get more precise information.

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    Thanks all for the help. I have the newer style SMX displays. It is digital and not the three knob style. As between the two newer displays, in the VIP I have the older style, I think. It seems to me that with a simple two wire splice, I should be able to swap it out. I'll call Richmond once I can get more precise information.
    Call 954-973-2477....which is Florida number but ask to be transferred to Richmond and ask for service. I have a name but reluctant to post it on the web for fear he might get inundated with calls but you could pm me for name if necessary.

As I suspected they do have the thermister bulb, part is TSEP-X...with X being wire length. But you can order TSEP-5 (least expensive one) and simply splice in into existing wires.

Having said all that, he says when those go bad usually there is more range between numbers than you describe, so the SMX programming or SMX board itself is more suspect from your description.

Thank you.

Spoke to Richmond. They suggest the following in the following order. First., move the sensor. Second, if that doesn't work, check for corrosion on the splices near the sensor. Third, if both of the above do not work, buy a new sensor and splice it in. I will report back when I have an answer. Thanks.