Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crusair SMX II Problem

The split unit for the salon (two air handlers) is working but both fans won't shut off and only run at low speed. The SMX II controller controls everything else just fine.

I shut the power off at the breaker hoping it might reset the unit but no luck. Any ideas?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Crusair SMX II Problem

Does anyone know if the power logic board is the same for the 24,000 BTU unit as it is for the smaller state room units? In other words can I swap one out with the other to diagnose the problem?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I may have one to look at. I'll pm tomorrow when I find it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I'm having some issues with 2 of my units. My electrician/AC guy checked and the logic boards can be swapped, i.e. they are not made for specific BTU size. I am planning on using the board from the 5K crew cabin in my 24K salon unit.

BTW I called Flight Systems about rebuilding the SMX II board and they want to see it before committing to fix it.

It's not the btu. It's the voltage. Unless he has all 110 or 220 I'd be careful.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Scott, dead on. All my units are 220.

I may have a control board for a 220 unit. That's what I'm checking on.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

"My electrician/AC guy checked and the logic boards can be swapped."

That's exactly what I needed! (All five of mine are 230 volts). Thanks.

What would we do without this site?

Doesn't the SMX II have a "constant fan" mode? Perhaps it needs to be reprogrammed?
    Regards
    Dan

Mine all are set to leave the fan running whenever the unit is on. As far as the fans only running at low speed, I've had this happen before when voltage was marginal. Check the voltage at the compressor and the air handlers.
    Jack Sardina