Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

To Tell the Truth

We antenna dependent types have a surprising variety of channels to chose from in the age of digital broadcasting. So tonight I'm watching gameshow reruns on Buzzr and To Tell the Truth has John M. Steele as their guest. Pvt. Steele was a paratrooper who parachuted into France on D Day, missed his drop zone and ended up hanging from a church steeple by his parachute. He played dead while the battle raged and ended up being taken prisoner that night. He escaped shortly afterwards and later participated in the Battle of the Bulge. If you've seen The Longest Day he was portrayed by Red Buttons.

So in answer to what the heck is this guy talking about this for...

If you remember the show there were three people for the panelists to quiz, the real John Steele, and two imposters. After they revealed that contestant #1 was Steele they asked the imposters who they really were, and contestant #2 says: "I'm Willis Slane, President of Hatteras Yachts.

Now you know.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Re: To Tell the Truth

I am just hoping your watching under you're own roof?
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Well Scoddy,

You could say you were watching the show to update your appreciation of history.

One had already made history. One was going to make history. Who was the third person?

I find it interesting he did not mention the furniture business back then.

Regards,

Russ

Are you sure it wasn't Brian Williams? On second thought, To Tell the TRUTH, he couldn't get on a show with truth un it name.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Dan, no comment.

Russ, I was thinking of changing channels, but I stuck with the show because I was familiar with The Longest Day and wanted to see who he really was. Didn't catch who the third guy was. Probably the bartender from the tavern next to the studio.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Interesting. When I saw the title of your post I thought to myself "why read this? It can't be about fishing."
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bob bradley View Post
    interesting. When i saw the title of your post i thought to myself "why read this? It can't be about fishing."
    lol

515XT52Y3CL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>