Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: 1987 52' Hattaras Sportsfisher Convertible

I hate to burst your bubble but I'll say what most of us are thinking, 150k? Do you really want to sell? I'm thinking and Saltshaker Jack can correct me if I'm wrong but a Buy it now price on a 52 with old style windows painted interior the low Hp 650. Engines is probably if your lucky about 85k Just saying!
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but I'll say what most of us are thinking, 150k? Do you really want to sell? I'm thinking and Saltshaker Jack can correct me if I'm wrong but a Buy it now price on a 52 with old style windows painted interior the low Hp 650. Engines is probably if your lucky about 85k Just saying!
    Depending on the shape of the systems that may be a stretch but if all the systems are in good shape with a fresh rebuild your probably right.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Depending on the shape of the systems that may be a stretch but if all the systems are in good shape with a fresh rebuild your probably right.
    i BELIVE 87 IS A SEREASE 1 BUT NOT SURE HULL CHANGE IN 88 89?

No wooden Hatteras yachts. Ever. Someone is pulling your chain.

There were 41 convertibles built for a while with a cored bottom- I don't know whether it was balsa (probably?) or a plastic foam. As I recall they had problems with some of them, fixed them, and went to a solid bottom. A boat with a balsa cored bottom might sound different. If I can find a fish willing to talk about it, I'll ask them.

OK That has to be what the guy meant and by the time it got to me, it changed. Thanks

I also appreciate the $ reply. Guess we got screwed but we have over $140 in it so whatever it is it is. So much $ into it and not really used. We saw so many like this or older that were 150 + but it's only costing me insurance $ for now so not too worried.

According to the CG Vessel Documentation Center it was taken out of documentation on March 31, 2011. Is it state registered now in Florida? I see the home port back in 2011 was Ft. Myers Beach. Is it still there? I live pretty close and might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SA185825 View Post
    OK That has to be what the guy meant and by the time it got to me, it changed. Thanks

I also appreciate the $ reply. Guess we got screwed but we have over $140 in it so whatever it is it is. So much $ into it and not really used. We saw so many like this or older that were 150 + but it's only costing me insurance $ for now so not too worried.
    Do not worry you are not dead. Its hard to purchase a sea craft or regulator with a pair of 250 to 300 hp on the back for less than 155000. There was a grady white at the Miami show asking 995000.

Prices have been stronger than they were a few years ago. There have been a few pre '87 52C selling in the 110K-120K range that weren't that great. A couple of nicer 87-90 52C have brought decent money. The old deck house styling and the painted interior will deter some buyers. But some like the lighter interior. There are a fair amount out there with painted interiors. If she has strong 720HP 8V92s, good cosmetics, good systems and decent electronics, she should bring north of $100K
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Prices have been stronger than they were a few years ago. There have been a few pre '87 52C selling in the 110K-120K range that weren't that great. A couple of nicer 87-90 52C have brought decent money. The old deck house styling and the painted interior will deter some buyers. But some like the lighter interior. There are a fair amount out there with painted interiors. If she has strong 720HP 8V92s, good cosmetics, good systems and decent electronics, she should bring north of $100K
    I'm hearing things have slowed way down since fuel has started to move up again. Coupled with Greece getting ready to take the EU down the rat hole, a stock market that's way overdue for a major correction and the uncertainty of the 2016 elections things may go back into the free fall mode here shortly.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Seasalt, The vessel is located in Ft Denaud, at this time. In case your not familiar with that name it's basically Labelle, Fl.

Thanks for inquiring