Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

C.Q.R. 105 lb. Plow anchor...value?

What is a fair price for this anchor? And how hard would it be to sell?

I want to replace it with S.S. and was wondering if it's something that has any demand or if it's something that would end up in my basement forever...

Thanks...

And if anyone knows...who has the deal on a stainless replacement?

Dave..
    Attached Images

Re: C.Q.R. 105 lb. Plow anchor...value?

I've been looking for a SS myself. There are a few out there on Craigslist but due to the cost they stay on for a long time. The same goes for the CQR anchors. I've seen them for 350.00 for a 35 lb and up to 600.00 for a 45 lb anchor. I've never seen a 105 lb CQR. Looking at the photos it doesn't appear to be that large unless your yacht is an 80 footer. So to end this with no help to you, try Craigslist or go to a marine consignment store. Not sure what it will bring. Good luck.

Marine liquidators in Ft Pierce FLA gets SS ones in from time to time. I'm pretty sure he will take yours in trade. Call and ask for Ronnie the owner.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

CQR anchors usually finish at or close to the bottom of the published anchor tests. typically due to a failure to set. Once a popular anchor, they aren't in much demand these days. But you never know until you put it out there.
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

7...more demand for the smaller anchors. May be why they're pricier. I'll try looking at the consignment shops. Thanks for the idea.

Smith...iI'll definitely give Ronnie a call. I never knew they were there. And thanks for the link!

Harrington...when there's published data out there that proves what you're selling doesn't measure up to the competition...well...I guess what it's saying is..."One can try, but don't hold your breath".

Rusty, Chinese stainless casting has dropped the bottom out of the price--just buy a new one.

I don't like most stuff from overseas, but there is no way Lewmar/Delta can justify a price on a SS 70# at $3,600.

http://www.bosunsupplies.com/H-SL-0057332.html

A knock-off 66# Delta clone is $700 from these guys:

http://www.anchoring.com/

(I know the purists may disagree.)

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    Rusty, Chinese stainless casting has dropped the bottom out of the price--just buy a new one.

I don't like most stuff from overseas, but there is no way Lewmar/Delta can justify a price on a SS 70# at $3,600.

http://www.bosunsupplies.com/H-SL-0057332.html

A knock-off 66# Delta clone is $700 from these guys:

http://www.anchoring.com/

(I know the purists may disagree.)

DAN
    Thanks for the lead Dan, I was looking close at a 45 lb used SS plow anchor. The guy was asking 700.00. I offered him 550.00. I see one just like it new for 499.00. Not bad.

OK Dave, If my SS CPQ turns up missing, I'm walking down 6 slips to check your bow! Just sayn!

If yours gets stolen call me. My old one might be available.