Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regrettably For Sale - It's Breaking My Heart To Post This

Hi All,

After 9 wonderful happy exciting incredible years I'm regrettably putting Glittering Image up for sale. It's amazing how emotional this decision has been. She is my love and my passion and my sanctuary and my sanity. It has been a privilege to be her steward.

I want her to go to a good home, someone who will love her and dote on her and continually upgrade and improve her as I have. Hopefully someone with a family and time to cruise.

My health is forcing my hand as well as our need to by a second home in Boston's Back Bay. Due to my severe cervical and lumbar arthritis and bone degeneration she's left the slip less and less these past 3 years. Last year we put maybe 15 cruising hours on her.

She's a bit discombobulated at the moment and in the midst of spring commissioning/cleaning/maintenance. Up here in New England we're a good 3 weeks behind on spring. We should be spic and span and resting at the slip by 5/29.

She is listed with Bayport Yacht Sales. Ask for Eric. The link is below.

I still owe Eric a bunch of pictures, and plan to finish up some of the esthetic projects that were left open last fall.

http://www.bayportyacht.com/core/lis...roker&lineonly
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Re: Regrettably For Sale - It's Breaking My Heart To Post This

Sorry to hear but I'm sure you labored over this decision. Best of luck with the sale and purchase of another home. Remember you're always a part of the Hatteras family even if the boat is no longer yours.
    Jack Sardina

The list of upgrades and replacements is impressive. Anyone looking for a 48 YF is going to be very pleased to find her.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Gene as long as you enjoyed her all those years its OK to send her on some new adventures.

Im sure someone will give her a loving home.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Gene I know the feeling. Yours looks like a great Yacht for someone.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

The 48YF is such a great design. I never understood why they didn't build more of them. Of course, I'm partial to it because it reminds me of the 43DC that I grew up on. I only wish we had that cockpit. Great looking boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

So agree with you Sky - I think a 48 YF would be the perfect boat, at least for a 48 footer. I've given serious consideration to selling my 43DC for a 48 YF.

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    So agree with you Sky - I think a 48 YF would be the perfect boat, at least for a 48 footer. I've given serious consideration to selling my 43DC for a 48 YF.
    Trade.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I don't think anyone with a 48YF for sale would be interested in a 43DC, but you are out there - PM me!

Hi All,

Jack, Scott, Fred, Sky, Eric and Shag, thanks for the words of empathy and encouragement.

She will be ready for inspection after 5/29. But I will probably be upgrading and improving her until the day she sells, it's just the way of it.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four