Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 53MY in TN

53MY in TN

can anyone tell me anything about a 53MY in Hendersonville TN yacht name Half Shell
    Roger Wetherington
    252-670-4819 rwetheringt@centurylink.net
    Sam's Marine
    www.samsmarine.com

Re: 53MY in TN

Roger, here's a link to listing if that helps:
    http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1977...s#.VVEAFPlVhBc

She's been on the market for 2 years. That's not a good sign. I'm familiar with the broker representing her. You may want to give him a call and just ask his candid assessment.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

The pics don't look too bad for the price. It's obviously not the preferred 1978 or newer design, but it could be a good buy depending on actual condition. The physical location may be hurting it from a sales standpoint.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Went down to $80k today

I went and looked at that boat about 3 months ago. She has nice curb appeal but...both engines
    smoke really bad. Fog machine bad. It also took the port engine awhile to start. I passed on her and
    found a 53MY in Guntersville AL. "Pier Pressure" from a private seller on Craigslist. It was posted for
    less then two weeks. I was the first to look at her and made offer. Took delivery 2 months ago. Good luck, keep looking, took me about a year. When you find her you will know.

7. Re: 53MY in TN

Not familiar with the boat, but trust the broker to be accurate and straight-forward. Nashville Yacht is a classy outfit.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Spoke at length with the broker, Larry. He was very candid about the vessel. The boat just hasn't been run much over the last few years... He also mentioned the probable need for a bottom job and A/C repairs. Anyone have insights about that smoking? If we will purchase this year this seems one of our options considering the price. Thinking the engine issues may be a bit more than diy. Not great since I will need to get it to
    VA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlife View Post
    Spoke at length with the broker, Larry. He was very candid about the vessel. The boat just hasn't been run much over the last few years... He also mentioned the probable need for a bottom job and A/C repairs. Anyone have insights about that smoking? If we will purchase this year this seems one of our options considering the price. Thinking the engine issues may be a bit more than diy. Not great since I will need to get it to
    VA.
    It may be anything from low compression to clogged up inter coolers. Your going to have to spend the money on an engine survey to find out. Almost all these boats have been sitting for the last couple years since fuel has gone crazy. Even the ones that have been run have been putting around at hull speed coking up the engines. I'd rather have hi time engines that have been run consistently than low time ones that have sat inactive.
    But if your just going from slip A to slip B. And using the boat for a condo what's it matter how good the engines are?
    Last edited by rsmith; 08-17-2015 at 10:40 AM.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Shoot Neagle a message and ask what color the smoke was.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93