Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 1998 50SD underpriced

I don't know exact production numbers but the 50 SD seems a bit more scarce...
    Wow...that makes it even more strange that The Poweboat Guide leaves out the 52 sport deck but includes the 50 sport deck.

Quote Originally Posted by DelloRusso View Post
    Looking for thoughts, suggestions, reasons. This is a great boat in turnkey condition with many upgrades and additions. The name of the boat is HAT-ATTUDE and it can be found on Yachtworld as a 1998, 50' Hatteras MY.
    I have had it on the market a while and have lowered the price considerably. It is priced now at $269,900 which is far below it's estimated market value. The latest survey is glowing and puts the value at about $370K. I think that's high but the market is certainly above $270K. ?????
    Is there just not a market?
    I've gotten some good comments, thanks.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good broker in the South-East Florida area. My boat is currently docked at Lighthouse Point. I would be looking for someone who is very aggressive, positive, and know Hatteras.

PM sent
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The charleston boat sold. Seller is a friend and former marina neighbor. I am not that familiar with the SD, but did buy my boat from a MarineMax broker. As a seller, I would never use one for one of our boats. Find a broker you like , who is a Hatteras pro. There are several on this forum and elsewhere.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

I've gotten some good comments, thanks.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good broker in the South-East Florida area. My boat is currently docked at Lighthouse Point. I would be looking for someone who is very aggressive, positive, and know Hatteras.
    Wayne Cannava at Gilman Yachts in Ft Lauderdale. He's a good honest guy and knows Hatteras very well. (O) 954-525-8112.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Wayne Cannava at Gilman Yachts in Ft Lauderdale. He's a good honest guy and knows Hatteras very well. (O) 954-525-8112.
    I believe the person who wrote something like " the value of the boat is whatever someone will pay for it". The market for a midrange boat such as mine is indeed very soft. So, maybe the boat wasn't underpriced at $269.900. After talking to a number of people I've decided to further reduce the price to $229,500. Did not expect to have to go that low but it probably represents reality.
    She has served me well over the past nine years or so but, I'll be 75 next week and it's time to move on.
    Thanks for all of your input

Happy Birthday

I believe the person who wrote something like " the value of the boat is whatever someone will pay for it". The market for a midrange boat such as mine is indeed very soft. So, maybe the boat wasn't underpriced at $269.900. After talking to a number of people I've decided to further reduce the price to $229,500. Did not expect to have to go that low but it probably represents reality.
    She has served me well over the past nine years or so but, I'll be 75 next week and it's time to move on.
    Thanks for all of your input
    I was 75 last year and decided to sell my boat. a 34 ft Back Cove. The buyers were an 85 year old couple who needed help boarding and had to have their daughter operate the boat for them. The lesson I learned is "Don't ever feel too old to boat!"

Quote Originally Posted by lbkjj View Post
    I was 75 last year and decided to sell my boat. a 34 ft Back Cove. The buyers were an 85 year old couple who needed help boarding and had to have their daughter operate the boat for them. The lesson I learned is "Don't ever feel too old to boat!"
    I hope thats right, Im 68 and just bought a boat that I plan to enjoy for the next 20 years (at least)

Where is she and is there a link to a complete listing?