Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1979 43 dc holding Tk pump out line to deck fiitting

Anyone replaced this one, all others done but this one stinky and am wondering degree of difficulty, even if possible ?

Re: 1979 43 dc holding Tk pump out line to deck fiitting

Not sure about your boat but on mine I took out the deck fitting and lifted the hose out. You can get to the hose clamps that way. If it's possible tie the new hose above the deck and go below and pull the old hose down into bilge, pulling the new hose with it. That's the theory but of course you will surely find a couple of hose clamps hidden in the bilge somewhere as well as caulking as it passes through the hull. That will be your main problem. I was lucky and was able to get to everything. You must have someone to feed the new hose as you pull the old one out. Good luck

I dont have any answers, but if a second pair of hands would help, let me know

I just did mine about a month ago. Had to remove the salon cabinet on the Starboard side and then could reach hose clamps. I didn't think the hose clamps would make it by the hole in the deck. Removing the cabinet wasn't too difficult (just a bunch of screws on the trim piece around the perimeter).
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH

You accessed yours thro the saloon cabinet ? wow mine is way froward of that, forward of the galley even.

My holding tank is in the ER so the hose runs forward of the starboard engine and hot water tank and comes through the deck about a foot aft of the refrigerator cabinet.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH