Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: think im getting beat

I don't think I would be responsible for the strap on the lift, but I would be responsible for the damage to my boat if the breaking of the strap was due to general negligence. as for the spill ,I don't know if it was reported, but I will ask when I talk to them about the charges

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    Hey wait a minute. Q, if you have insurance, why dont you bluff the yard and tell them you put in a claim and they are sending an investigator to check the whole thing out, including all filed documentation and equipment used to clean up. Maybe that will change their tone. You could also call them and ask what their thought is on the situation, without putting in a claim, to get a better idea of what your options are.
    Forget the bluff. Open a claim to limit your loss and make this a real problem for them. They started it by trying to charge you for their own incompetence.

Talk to the manager first lots of times its the front desk person that does the billing and doesn't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER BOB View Post
    Talk to the manager first lots of times its the front desk person that does the billing and doesn't have a clue.
    I've had that happen before but this is something different. I'd think a bill for a fuel spill cleanup would be something out of the ordinary and would involve management/owners to generate such a bill.
    Jack Sardina

It is absolutely the yards reponsibility for the spill and clean up.

Ask them how much fuel they lost and tell them you'll be expecting to be reimbursed for fuel loss. Fuel cost more per once than gold the last time I checked.

Seriously though, I wouldn't pay for their mistake.

Tony