Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bottom Job

Bottom Job

Planning on running over to the abacos and down to the elutheras in june, any recomendations on a good yard for bottom paint

thanks mike

Re: Bottom Job

Where are you in Florida, or are you going to do this in the Abacos?
    Regards
    Dan

Yes want to get the GOOD paint in the Bahamas

There is a yard across from green turtle cay that has haul out and paint facilities

Some use the boat yard in Marsh and some use the one on Man O War. Green Turtle works for others. I'd call them all with a description of the boat and what you want done. One thing I would not do, is leave the boat in storage and expect it to be done by a certain day. If you are there from what I gather it makes quite a difference.
    Regards
    Dan

I have never boated over there, but when I was in Freeport last fall, I noticed that Bradford had a yard there with many private yachts on the hard. No idea if that is helpful at all, just an observation.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Freeport is sort of off the path to the Abacos unless you are going up from Lauderdale Miami and intend to do the canal up to Dover Sound and around to the Abacos. Sure you can hit them going around "hole in the wall" but windows to go that route are not as frequent. Besides if you are doing the Exumas on this pass coming in from the Abacos makes better sense. Maybe the fuel charge might pay to have it done in Freeport if it is cheaper.
    Regards
    Dan

I'd recommend R&B in Spanish Wells. Speak with Robert, the owner. Did a friend's stretched 75' Hatt in November and did a great job. We were there the entire week while they did the work and I was impressed with them.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, I know eveyrthing is on island time there and have to stay with the boat Im going over anyway just thought id icorporate a bottom job in the trip

thanks mike