Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

60' Non-Hatteras Bargain?

I was perusing (not "pursuing" low price big boats the other day. I know there are Hatteras buyers here who dream of the right boat at the right price. When I ran across a "one of a kind" old Chris Craft Commander listed on Yachtworld in Virginia. It looks like all the original parts are still there.

If I knew how to post the link to the listing I would...someone help me here...

Remember, were talking about a 1968 boat! It would only be for a classic buyer. I'm attaching a couple of pictures I found from the 2004 Chris Craft gathering in Bradenton FL. (from the Commander Club website). She looked Super-Sweet 10 years ago. Something about this boat sounds right.
    577470671.jpg834714910.jpg

I have NOT SEEN this boat. There's just something about the broker description, and past history I know about, as the reason I'm bringing this up. IF THE BOAT IS STILL DECENT...and someone can afford to own and maintain a 50 year old 60ft Motor Yacht... STARDUST might be a super cool classic for somebody.

With the price just reduced $30,000 down to $119,000...there is too much potential there not to take a gander at. Only 9 were built. Horrible performance, but indestructible! 18' Beam. 4 Staterooms. All Fiberglass. GM1271TIs. This model has never been a hot market seller...but what a boat.

Maybe SeaEric has seen it? Could you Imagine this boat with a cool fresh interior?

Re: 60' Non-Hatteras Bargain?

I knew the owner and the guy who painted it back then. He put a lot of money in it and it was decent then.

Did you see Dick Avery sign the panel? Way cool.
    Last edited by captddis; 01-28-2015 at 05:31 PM.

I watched him paint it with a brush in Riviera Dunes Marina in Palmetto.

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

In 2003 I flew into FLL for the sole purpose of buying that boat, named 'Stardust". I looked her over and decided that she was not for me. She just needed way too much. While in FLL that weekend, driving around to kill time until I left for the airport, I stumbled upon and impulse bought the home that I still own to this day there in Victoria Park.

Stardust has been for sale at VYB for quite a while now. She has been painted since I saw her in 2003 and other stuff has been done, but now more stuff is wrong with her. She has been surveyed by at least one potential buyer who did not close on her. She has had various suitors and as recently as a few days ago another buyer was due in for a visit.

She is a wonderful boat that basically needs a thorough refit. I hope she finds a new home soon. It's going to take some serious $$ to really make her right.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

What an absolutely lovely boat. She's stunning. What does she need now? This is just curiosity, I have no intention of taking on anything like her.

Thanks for the info Sea Eric. They ALL takes LOTS of money to make them right. She would be a unique restoration project for the right buyer, just because the original parts seem to be there. Total refits today are costlier than most people realize.
    Last edited by pizzazsdaddy; 01-29-2015 at 10:23 AM.

back in the 90,s the boat belonged to hoagy carmichaels son at the marathon yacht club in the florida keys hence the name.stardust. never saw the boat move. GEORGE.