Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QSM 11-45c

QSM 11-45c

Re: QSM 11-45c

Nice looking boat but way overpriced. Need to cut that price in half if they really want to sell it
    Jack Sardina

I always enjoy it when sellers describe a boat as 1990/2007.

There ARE boats which are completely stripped out to the bare hull and rebuilt with all new machinery and systems. I think some of them are eligible for a new hull number. But I don't think that happens in most instances. I suspect that most boats that are advertised as "----/----" are, in fact, boats that had a renovation in the second year- but not a complete rebuild from the inside out.

And, anyway, 2007 is now close on eight years ago.

Getting a new hull I'd is very difficult. Slane tried to with the 53 he converted to an express and wasn't able to do it. Hard to imagine what more could be done to a boat to make it new.
    Jack Sardina

There's a company rebuilding Bert hulls. I wonder what they do for the hin. Is it new or do they use the old one. To be honest I'd rather have the original hin. It's a known quantity. Rebrand the boat and it may lose value.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Agreed. The outfit redoing Bertram 31s is up here in the Chesapeake, Worton Creek Marina, and their boats are totally gutted and rebuilt. And they do not have new hull IDs as far as I know.

I think the quality of the work and who did it means a lot more than a supposed new year of manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Nice looking boat but way overpriced. Need to cut that price in half if they really want to sell it
    Thats about what HATTABOY sold for about 3 years ago about the same boat...I belive it is in Nantucket Or Marthas Vineyard now so i hear. I saw this boat in Marlin Magazine and went to the sight. This boat may have more done to it than HATTABOY.

LETS SEE
    a 45 with tired engines and old paint and electronics good buy 70,000
    new paint and curtains 45,000
    electronics 20,000
    New engines and installed 170,000 ?
    ac they have 3 compressors 8,000
    this and that 20.000
    new shafts and wheels 12,000

Getting closs Jack
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 11-02-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    Thats about what HATTABOY sold for about 3 years ago about the same boat...I belive it is in Nantucket Or Marthas Vineyard now so i hear. I saw this boat in Marlin Magazine and went to the sight. This boat may have more done to it than HATTABOY.

LETS SEE
    a 45 with tired engines and old paint and electronics good buy 70,000
    new paint and curtains 45,000
    electronics 20,000
    New engines and installed 170,000 ?
    ac they have 3 compressors 8,000
    this and that 20.000
    new shafts and wheels 12,000

Getting closs Jack
    Tim you know it's not about how much was spent. Taking a 100K boat and putting another 300K in it won't give you a 400K boat it gives you an exceptional 125-150K boat. That's the harsh reality. You may get lucky and find someone willing to pay the premium but the chances are slim to none. My boat has had a ton of custom work done to the interior and lots of other goodies like new davit, TNT lift etc. I know I couldn't replace it for what it would sell for.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Tim you know it's not about how much was spent. Taking a 100K boat and putting another 300K in it won't give you a 400K boat it gives you an exceptional 125-150K boat. That's the harsh reality. You may get lucky and find someone willing to pay the premium but the chances are slim to none. My boat has had a ton of custom work done to the interior and lots of other goodies like new davit, TNT lift etc. I know I couldn't replace it for what it would sell for.
    !00% correct you missed my point if you want a qsm 45 you are going to pay about 300. Seems all the good ones are goung for about that, You certainly can not bild one for that

There is a 45 with QSMs for sale up here for around 150K ask. Does not need much to bring it up to snuff although it is a dated interior with Vberth etc. But a good place to start from.