Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

12v LED light bulbs

I am making my annual pilgrimage to Hollywood Florida in a few weeks and I want to know a good place to purchase 12 volt LCD bulbs to replace my existing incandescent bulbs on my boat.

Where would you recommend as best bang for the buck in the Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale area?
    Is it worth the extra cost to use Dr. LED's or is there not much difference in quality / effectiveness in using less costly generic 12 volt LED bulbs?

You can PM me if a response in this forum would break the rules.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC series 1

Re: 12v LED light bulbs

I am waiting for the answer also i would like to replace some 12 volt bukbs i get confused about the wattage. So i have not bought any. I need about 30 for the overhead.

12 volt from a power supply or 12 volt from the boats battery?

Big difference.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post

Big difference.
    Gosh, I am not sure . I think they are from the house 12 volt 8D x 2 batteries. It is the original factory set up (overhead lights; closet lights; reading lights). Some of the bulbs are the bayonet type found in older cars. Some are 12 volt dc Edison style screw in bulbs like in home use and some are 120 vac Edison bulbs used with shore power or on the genny.

Big difference.
    I have all my Hatteras factory lighting semantics blueprints and the Hatteras factory manual listing all the bulbs used in the boat. I will bring it with me to Florida for reference at the store.

Big difference.
    I'll bite. What's the difference?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I just bought an anchor light bulb and bulbs to replace the dome lights' from Marine Beam. Prices and selection seemed good.

Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    I'll bite. What's the difference?
    Ditto: Volts is volts

Quote Originally Posted by smoothmove View Post
    Ditto: Volts is volts
    Batteries are not actually 12 volts. When charging they get over 14. The input window on some led lamps will not handle that. Either a DC regulator is needed or led bulbs that can handle the voltage.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Batteries are not actually 12 volts. When charging they get over 14. The input window on some led lamps will not handle that. Either a DC regulator is needed or led bulbs that can handle the voltage.
    scott
    u get my pm??