Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Being Lazy Here

Re: Being Lazy Here

Ther must be some air in the lines.We don't use it that often.I just know it happens ie with the engines running.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

We are at Gulfport Fl muni for a day or so.Not bad and one of the last $1.50 marinas going south.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Great! Love that ICW on windy days. Next stop Marina Jack's at Sarasota?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well Sky right now they are pretty empty.We plan on getting fuel this afternoon.Our boat has the modified Queen Bed that's actually two 150 gallon tanks and I have an 80 gallon aux midship fillport on the walkway.Funny thing about the aux is you cant transfer the fuel while underway.We have tried it twice Once with Randy and once on the Tenn Tom and we cavitaded the port engine both times.Its easy to do ,Its a 110 volt pump and all you have to do is turn the switch on and watch the main tank gauges rise.
    Are you sure about it having two 150's under the bed? I could have sworn it had a single tank under the bed and an auxiliary forward, but it's been a few years. Just don't remember three fuel fills or their being a valve to direct the auxiliary tank fuel into one of two tanks. I do remember it not liking fuel being transferred while underway.

If you want to save a few bucks, tie up at the public dock in Venice. That's about 60 miles or so and would be an easy day run. It's also easy walking distance to the Crow's Nest restaurant which is very good. I'm sure I've suggested this before, but I would run outside from there to Boca Grande unless the weather is really crappy. It gets really skinny in the ICW below there, so pay close attention to your markers. Venice inlet is just north of that dock and is the easiest inlet on the west coast to navigate.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

There are three fill ports.When we pulled up the matress to rebuild the rudder ram we found two tanks with their own gauges.My home made drains/plugs are holding up well with no leaks noted and the fuel is a little dingy but the boat runs great.The weather outside is going to be real shitty for the next few day so we will stay inside.I'll check on Venice.Good to see you had a good time at the boat show.We'll probably be here until Thursday Morning.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Are you sure about it having two 150's under the bed? I could have sworn it had a single tank under the bed and an auxiliary forward, but it's been a few years. Just don't remember three fuel fills or their being a valve to direct the auxiliary tank fuel into one of two tanks. I do remember it not liking fuel being transferred while underway.

If you want to save a few bucks, tie up at the public dock in Venice. That's about 60 miles or so and would be an easy day run. It's also easy walking distance to the Crow's Nest restaurant which is very good. I'm sure I've suggested this before, but I would run outside from there to Boca Grande unless the weather is really crappy. It gets really skinny in the ICW below there, so pay close attention to your markers. Venice inlet is just north of that dock and is the easiest inlet on the west coast to navigate.
    Checked Active Captian and it shows 1800-2400 and then you have to get off the muni Pier.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Checked Active Captian and it shows 1800-2400 and then you have to get off the muni Pier.
    Forgive me for being a civilian, but isn't that 6PM to midnight? Sure seems like odd hours to make use of a public facility.

There has never been any restriction on overnight dockage there before, but I guess it has been about four years since I've done it. Call the city of Venice tomorrow and see what they say. Make sure you're looking at the dock next to the yacht club.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Forgive me for being a civilian, but isn't that 6PM to midnight? Sure seems like odd hours to make use of a public facility.

There has never been any restriction on overnight dockage there before, but I guess it has been about four years since I've done it. Call the city of Venice tomorrow and see what they say. Make sure you're looking at the dock next to the yacht club.
    You are a Brat so I figured you would know the time thing .Yeah I've got a call in already.Bren says you are all frozen up. The V berth is Empty!
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

That v-berth sounds pretty good right now. I'll come visit when you guys get settled in Fort Myers.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thumbs up Re: Being Lazy Here

We left Gulfport last Wensday with Bryon and Chinthia in the lead for what was supposed to be a smooth Crossing of Tampa Bay.We started out with 2-3s and everything was cool until we got just past the center of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and it went up to 5-6s and a north wind .It got nasty quick.I hollered at Bryon to kick it up because at 10kts I barely had control of the boat.The boat came out at about 16kts and I had better control but I still had my hands full.I damn near hit a geen and had to go inside It to miss it.Bout that time Bryon came up and said they had a bildge alarm so Cindy took the boat and he went down to take a look.As he did the alarm went off ie silenced and then about ten minutes later I saw Cinthia hit a red triangle .We went on down to a bridge and he was quite but the Jeff was squrilly going thru the bridge .The bildges started going off again and at the next bridge(Cortez)They called the Cortez Marina and they had a lift Ready cause they were sinking. If you have been following us you will remember that a marina in Carrabell had to remove and repair the ruder boxes on their boat.Well the repair failed as we crossed Tampa Bay.The Jeff is still in Cortez and Bryon and Chinthia and their dog Tuts is here in Ft Meyrs with us.We got in night before last and we picked Brens car up at Tampa Yesterday.We plan on Being here till early April.The Jeff should be back in the water by the weekend and they are coming here to Paridise for a while as well.Theres a 44MY here and hes a HOFer.Boats name is Runaround Sue and I want to Get to spend some time with him and see his boat.The marina here in in a rebuild mode and on a scale of 1-10 I'de give it a.7.5..We ran this boat hard to get here in one day and I wont do that again(one day).We ran on a plane when we could and Cats really Purred.Its a beautiful 85degrees here with no or low chances of rain.I'll soon start planning the lake crossing with Bren and we will Be headed to Patrick AFB Marina for a week or so.Robby
    Last edited by Robby; 02-22-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF