Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Being Lazy Here

Re: Being Lazy Here

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It was thick goo.So yeah I opened the top to release the pressure.It would not reseal at the bottom.We are 100 miles from Ft Myers With empty tanks.100Gal on a side and with filters on Board we will see what happens.And Bryon has a long tow rope.We wont leave her till Sat for a slow cruise to Paradise Marina.
    I was referring to the comment that Randy posted not yours. If there is gunk in the bowls you should pull the drains completely and wash the bowls out. The drain valves may be fine. You should clean them out first as they may be stuck open due to crud in them.
    Jack Sardina

The crap in the Bowles dosent mean anything.Clean it out if it makes you feel better. The main thing is if there is water in the bowl. I always have some crap hanging off the turbines. Fuel leaking out is not the problem ,it's air sucking in.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    100 gal 100 mi close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Then again there always Sea Tow

He said 100 gal per side (total 200)
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    He said 100 gal per side (total 200)
    Said his tanks are empty with 100 gal on a side (tank?) I asume he has a saddle tank.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    No idea and I suspect he didn't crack the top to allow the fluid to drain. Those are the right ones based on the part number and picture.
    It was thick goo.So yeah I opened the top to release the pressure.It would not reseal at the bottom.We are 100 miles from Ft Myers With empty tanks.100Gal on a side and with filters on Board we will see what happens.And Bryon has a long tow rope.We wont leave her till Sat for a slow cruise to Paradise Marina.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

We plan on putting 100gal on each side and yes we have an 80 gal aux that you cannot use without being stopped /shut down or it will cavitate the engines.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Robby,

Glad you made the crossing! In winter, there are too many windy days for the big bend. You will soon be in the ICW where wind doesn't matter. You'll love the stay at Marina Jacks in Sarasota where you can leave the boat open because no bugs, even at night, and you can walk to everything downtown. Enjoy Tarpon Springs... I hope you like Greek food.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Said his tanks are empty with 100 gal on a side (tank?) I asume he has a saddle tank.

No idea and I suspect he didn't crack the top to allow the fluid to drain. Those are the right ones based on the part number and picture.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

The old 43DC had two 200 gallons tanks, one under each of the master bunks. That would be one tank per side. The fills were in each of the the aft corners of the aft deck and the boats came with an aluminum stick that was calibrated as a fuel gauge. You could easily run it down those fills to get a pretty accurate reading of what was in there.

I just assumed that when he said 100gal a side, he meant that he had 100 gallons in each of those two tanks.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I was referring to the comment that Randy posted not yours. If there is gunk in the bowls you should pull the drains completely and wash the bowls out. The drain valves may be fine. You should clean them out first as they may be stuck open due to crud in them.
    Did that!They would not reseat.
    Last edited by Robby; 02-13-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    The old 43DC had two 200 gallons tanks, one under each of the master bunks. That would be one tank per side. The fills were in each of the the aft corners of the aft deck and the boats came with an aluminum stick that was calibrated as a fuel gauge. You could easily run it down those fills to get a pretty accurate reading of what was in there.

I just assumed that when he said 100gal a side, he meant that he had 100 gallons in each of those two tanks.
    Well Sky right now they are pretty empty.We plan on getting fuel this afternoon.Our boat has the modified Queen Bed that's actually two 150 gallon tanks and I have an 80 gallon aux midship fillport on the walkway.Funny thing about the aux is you cant transfer the fuel while underway.We have tried it twice Once with Randy and once on the Tenn Tom and we cavitaded the port engine both times.Its easy to do ,Its a 110 volt pump and all you have to do is turn the switch on and watch the main tank gauges rise.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

How does an engine cavitate from fuel transfer?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.