Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Need casement fastener for engine room

Hi All. I am in need of 2 or 3 casement fasteners for the engine room doors. It is part number 84690 on Sam's part inventory list but it is no longer available. I reference the part number so you can see a picture. I still haven't figured out how to include a photo. Please let me know if anyone has any. My other options is to change them all out to a different style.

Thanks!!
    Ann
    1973 53MY "Enamorada"
    Antioch, CA

Re: Need casement fastener for engine room

Did you call Sam's to make sure? If so, did they have a recommended replacement solution? They usually do.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Quote Originally Posted by enamorada View Post
    Hi All. I am in need of 2 or 3 casement fasteners for the engine room doors. It is part number 84690 on Sam's part inventory list but it is no longer available. I reference the part number so you can see a picture. I still haven't figured out how to include a photo. Please let me know if anyone has any. My other options is to change them all out to a different style.

Thanks!!
    I have sorta the same animal on my 52c. I purchased some from sams about a year ago they did not fit they may be in my dock box. I will check next weekend if so they are yours. If you would like pm me your cell # i will take a pick and tex to you. If i do not have them i will tex you and say so. Not sure but seems mine had a knob reather than a round handle as the pick not sure.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 01-31-2015 at 12:14 PM.

They come up on ebay from time to time. I bought a couple there and still have one spare. But I'm not selling it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I just replaced all of mine. Probably about six good ones. They are the satin chrome finish. I will be on my boat around March 1. I will check on them then. Better email me then to remind me.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Quote Originally Posted by Fanfare View Post
    I just replaced all of mine. Probably about six good ones. They are the satin chrome finish. I will be on my boat around March 1. I will check on them then. Better email me then to remind me.

What did you find to replace them with?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I believe I found them in the Restoration Hardware catalog. I was able to use the fixed latching plate on the bulkhead so these won't be available. When I get to the boat I can be more specific. I picked out the latch nearly a year ago which seems to be outside my short-term memory now.

I had hoped a friend in the foundry business could duplicate the old latches, but no dice. Even though I had tightly latched the single remaining latch on one ER door I came down from the flying bridge to find it slamming back and forth. Something had to be done.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Do you need replacements because the turn handle has separated from the base? A common problem. They can be repaired using a rivet and a wave washer.