Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

CCTV through Unlimited Data Plan Aircard

Although I am early in planning this, I am curious whether anyone knows of a way to view my CCTV cameras as the boat heads south next Fall. I am set up now with an air card that permits remote viewing but without unlimited data, it is not feasible to use this to view the cameras for an extended period of time. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: CCTV through Unlimited Data Plan Aircard

bmp thank you

Anything that you would like to share?
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

Still looking for suggestions.

Still trying to find some vendor that will supply an air card with unlimited data plan. Under a worst case scenario, I will tray to figure out how to program my Cradlepoint 1200 router to failover to the air card when WIFI is unavailable. But, that is by far my second choice.

My current neighbor in SC with a Hatt 52my has some system that takes photos of people that board his boat with a motion sensor and date and time stamp. Uses a cellular card aboard for transmitting that. Perhaps this concept helps you with next steps.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

I appreciate the reply. I have that capability now. The issue is how to run the system on an aircard that has only a 5GB data plan. Again, my preference is to use the card for failover only. I'll have to find a network guy who knows his/her stuff to get this setup correctly.