Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Starts With An H, But...

it's not a Hatteras. Hyundai Sonata 53'.

Trying to help someone in a fire sale situation to avoid a repo in an estate situation where the owner died. I know nothing about this boat other than that and that it's docked behind my Hatteras. Hasn't been there that long, but it looks to be in very good shape. It has 375 Cats, but I don't have any hour info at this time. Here's a link to a sistership, but this one can be had for $118K. Delivery would be available by yours truly.

http://www.boatquest.com/listing/129...l#.VEq3RRbYHmc
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Starts With An H, But...

Ya know, if it weren't for that monstrosity of an aft cabin top, that boat would actually look presentable.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Yeah, they look a little funky with the way the thing angles back like that, but it looks to have a nice layout. From what I have seen online, $118K would be a great deal on that boat assuming everything is up to snuff.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I looked at this boat with some folks day before yesterday, and while it's not a 10, I would say it's a good 8.5 which just needs cosmetics and some TLC. Very light and airy, and a wide open floor plan. There was some discussion of a possible offer of $75K which was later recanted, but I ran it by the attorney just to keep him apprised. Seems $75K would in fact buy it with the owner making up the difference out of pocket just to make it go away and protect the estate from the foreclosure.

Again, I don't have a horse in this race, but it seems to me this is one heck of an opportunity for somebody. There may be another one or two of these out there for that kind of money, but I'm willing to bet they won't be in anywhere near the shape of this low hour, freshwater example. The engines supposedly have less than 300 hours (didn't check the meters) and there was a new 15kw Westerbeke installed recently which supposedly has less than 100 hours.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You can buy a brand new one for $21450

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

About 20 years ago I had a broker call me asking if I would run one of those. It was a stormy day and the owner said it was too windy to move the boat. The surveyor from FT Lauderdale was waiting as was the travelift.

Attempting to spin the boat in the canal was a suprise. 2500 rpm and it did not want to spin. The surveyor thought the linkage had come off but nope it was all in tact.
    I did get it turned and made it in and out of the pit and then back to the owners house without incident. The owner promptly paid me and I now know what he knew. Don't leave the dock with a Hyundai on a windy day.

I've never ran one, and I didn't figure it would be too swift in terms of sea keeping abilities, but I wouldn't have thought you couldn't make it spin. I don't think this one has seen salt since it got dumped off the boat in Miami, so I'm sure it would be a good river boat.

Sky, when the attorney called and asked if I could help, I questioned if this was a boat or a car. You would think they would have been more original with either the car or the boat, whichever came last.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Actually it rode pretty well in the chop, it is just when the wind gets on the beam it is a challenge.

The tripledecker Carvers are almost as bad.

I figured it would track about as well as that 52 Jefferson did on Lake Michigan. Who needs theme parks when you have one of those?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93