Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 1988 65C Repo in Fairhaven, MA on Coopers

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    Do not see any props Jack what will a set cost 15000 to 25000?? That is almost 1/2 the cost of the boat,,,,,,,,, And you havent eaven moved it . UH!
    Easy 25k unless you can find a good used set. The 3 blade Radice are very pricey. 4 blades are ok on that boat but most run 5 blade Rollas or the Radice. Either way it's a big chunk of change if you need new ones. Biggest question would be the condition of the engines. They're strong engines and can run a long time but if they need a lot of work you better have a fat wallet.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Easy 25k unless you can find a good used set. The 3 blade Radice are very pricey. 4 blades are ok on that boat but most run 5 blade Rollas or the Radice. Either way it's a big chunk of change if you need new ones. Biggest question would be the condition of the engines. They're strong engines and can run a long time but if they need a lot of work you better have a fat wallet.
    they want you to bid without taking a good look bull squat. That thing is not a asset.

They mention in the listing that the wheels are stored off the boat. I suspect they are worried someone would steal them.

Without a sea trial, survey, etc, the bids are going to be low. If the engines are in good shape and all of her is there, someone might get a bit of a bargain. If they can do all the work themselves, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    They mention in the listing that the wheels are stored off the boat. I suspect they are worried someone would steal them.

Without a sea trial, survey, etc, the bids are going to be low. If the engines are in good shape and all of her is there, someone might get a bit of a bargain. If they can do all the work themselves, that is.
    She's been sitting on the hard for at least 5 years that I know of. She was for sale for a long time and by far the lowest priced 65C when I was buying my boat 4 years ago. She might be a good deal but there is a lot of risk involved. If she can be put into service without any serious engine work, you still need to address all other systems, exterior and interior cosmetics. She could turn out to be a deal but she also could easily be a money pit. Considering what Destiny, the gorgeous MTU 65 EB in TX, just sold for you could never make this boat thT nice for double what she sold for.
    Jack Sardina

[QUOTE=saltshaker;259701]She's been sitting on the hard for at least 5 years that I know of. She was for sale for a long time and by far the lowest priced 65C when I was buying my boat 4 years ago. She might be a good deal but there is a lot of risk involved. If she can be put into service without any serious engine work, you still need to address all other systems, exterior and interior cosmetics. She could turn out to be a deal but she also could easily be a money pit. Considering what Destiny, the gorgeous MTU 65 EB in TX, just sold for you could never make this boat thT nice for double what she sold for.[/QUOTE

THATS THE ANSWER RIGHT THERE JACK EAVEN AT 50 IT IS A BIG GAMBLE COSMEDICS YOU KNOW ARE LOUSEY AT BEST NO ATTENTION FOR 5 TO 6 YEARS RUN VERY FAST

Someone will attempt this, though. Someone will be lured by the low price and the size. I don't blame them. There was a time when I would have cheerfully walked into that buzz saw myself and been delighted to do it. That was a while ago, however. I wouldn't have it as a gift now. I couldn't manage a project that size. And, as you say, you couldn't make it as nice as the other one for double the price of that one.

The 65 C was taken off of the Cooper website. I called and asked them what happen? I told them I
    saw that they had gone into a second round of bidding. They were kind of vague. The owner/bank
    asked them to take it down. It sounded like maybe ( and this is just a guess and only a guess on my part ) that there were probably some more outstanding bills? Maybe another yard had a small lien? Maybe some caveat about the props that are supposedly in the owners garage? Maybe he claims he doesn't have them or could find them for the new owner for a small fee? Maybe he has already sold them off? Maybe it has nothing to do with the previous owner at all! Cooper did say they had
    received offers. He said I should monitor the site to see if it
    comes up again. I does seem like somebody is biting at 75K???

Quote Originally Posted by gracie View Post
    The 65 C was taken off of the Cooper website. I called and asked them what happen? I told them I
    saw that they had gone into a second round of bidding. They were kind of vague. The owner/bank
    asked them to take it down. It sounded like maybe ( and this is just a guess and only a guess on my part ) that there were probably some more outstanding bills? Maybe another yard had a small lien? Maybe some caveat about the props that are supposedly in the owners garage? Maybe he claims he doesn't have them or could find them for the new owner for a small fee? Maybe he has already sold them off? Maybe it has nothing to do with the previous owner at all! Cooper did say they had
    received offers. He said I should monitor the site to see if it
    comes up again. I does seem like somebody is biting at 75K???
    There are a ton of reasons why the bank may have closed the auction and withdrew the offer to sell. Trying to figure out why would be pure speculation. I doubt it has anything to do with liens or the previous owner unless the PO is attempting to settling the debt with the bank.
    Jack Sardina

Hi All,

I've seen this boat up close (exterior only). I have a few pictures if anyone is interested. Putting her back into good condition is going to be a huge undertaking.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Hi All,

Also, as Jack said, shes been sitting uncovered for at least 5 years with no one tending to her.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four