Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Original 1966 Frigidaire Refrigerator for parts

I will be replacing the original refrigerator on my boat in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, it will not come out of the boat in one piece. It's my understanding that the last owner "rebuilt" this thing at some point, which I believe included a new compressor. It's working fine, I just want a modern frig with an icemaker so I'm changing it out. If anyone needs any parts, let me know soon.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Re: Original 1966 Frigidaire Refrigerator for parts

I have the same exact unit in my boat, and it's still going strong. Not sure how it could come apart, but I figured it would go through the window opening in the salon if you take out the glass. Might have to remove the entire frame. I'll be doing that with mine soon to update the furniture. Luckily, I have one piece aluminum frames.

Oh yeah, I'd be interested in the compressor if you part it out.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Original 1966 Frigidaire Refrigerator for parts

I took one of those out of my Hatteras, too, years ago, when I decided to fit a smaller fridge and use some of the space for other things. It was working fine before I took it out, too.

Interestingly, the compass underneath where it was has worked a lot better ever since it left. Imagine that.