Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

WANTED: Bluewater Charts for Garmin 2006C

I am looking for Bluewater charts for a Garmin 2006C Chartplotter. I need the ICW from Chesapeake Bay to Mobile, Alabama and the inland rivers. If anybody has these (I know they haven't been updated since 2008) or could help me load these charts on a blank card I would really appreciate it.

Robert Scranton
    Regards,
    Robert Scranton
    rob@scrantonnet.com

Re: WANTED: Bluewater Charts for Garmin 2006C

I have an unused Bluechart Americas CD Version 6. It will require an unlock code to access the charts.

$25.00 plus shipping.
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyrob View Post
    I am looking for Bluewater charts for a Garmin 2006C Chartplotter. I need the ICW from Chesapeake Bay to Mobile, Alabama and the inland rivers. If anybody has these (I know they haven't been updated since 2008) or could help me load these charts on a blank card I would really appreciate it.

Robert Scranton
    Does it require a cd or a chip not formiluar with the 2006c i have the little chips from NY to florida if that is what you looking i can copy and mail to you but i do not have cd s. These things fit in the garman 5200..

Guys thanks for the response. To both your responses, I'm not sure about compatibility with the newer charts. I have read that the 2006C is not compatible with the newer formatted maps but I can't verify that myself. I found an Eastern chart today from Landfall Navigation and Jeff Davis over there couldn't confirm exactly how far the charts go around Florida since it's for this old system. You know, in a couple of weeks I'll be using this on the boat and I'll chime in. I still could use the Inland Rivers for this old bird though. If I discover I can convert your charts I would really appreciate your help

Robert Scranton
    Regards,
    Robert Scranton
    rob@scrantonnet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Thorpe View Post
    I have an unused Bluechart Americas CD Version 6. It will require an unlock code to access the charts.

$25.00 plus shipping.
    These would have worked. I checked with Garmin. The unlock codes are no longer available for this type of CD.
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

Do a search on ebay for "garmin bluechart data card". It takes the same card as the 2210, 3210 series.

There are quite a few out there.

Then again, it might be cheaper to find a 3206. It has the bluecharts built in, and it will fit in the same spot as the 2006C with the same connections.
    Last edited by Blaine Thorpe; 09-25-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

7. Re: WANTED: Bluewater Charts for Garmin 2006C

FWIW, if you have a laptop, install Polar Navy and you'll have all inland Corps of Engineers charts as well as all NOAA charts for free. then use the GPS that fits into the mouse slot and you're set.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine