Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Re: The slow restoration of Hatattack (34 Convertible)

I've read about that single engine twin screw set up years ago. I never thought it was put into many boats. I did a little research the manufacture is called geared up systems from st. pete fl. any idea of the cost$$ I still prefer twins.

go diesels you won't regret it. just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by big papa View Post
    I've read about that single engine twin screw set up years ago. I never thought it was put into many boats. I did a little research the manufacture is called geared up systems from st. pete fl. any idea of the cost$$ I still prefer twins.

go diesels you won't regret it. just my $0.02
    I can call Richard and see what it runs.

It's a power to weight to space equation.

Yes only one engine so no redundancy. Smaller footprint so easier to work on.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

So the previous owner of the boat is pretty much refusing to do the paperwork on the boat and I can't seem to get a straight answer on what happen to the title for it since it was at one point on a state number. At this point guys I'm afraid she's going to be a parts boat for another 34 owner as I am not going to keep spending money on it without ownership.

Pisses me off to no ends but I do have the old 31ft Uniflite for a project in the mean while (a running boat that I rewired, needs cosmetics). There's a good looking little 34ft sitting not to far from me in good shape (hell excellent shape compaired to this 34) with no engines. Since I have a set of perfectly good engines I may start working on getting it from the guy since he has a title.
    Currently boat shopping

21' Skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Hatattack View Post
    So the previous owner of the boat is pretty much refusing to do the paperwork on the boat and I can't seem to get a straight answer on what happen to the title for it since it was at one point on a state number. At this point guys I'm afraid she's going to be a parts boat for another 34 owner as I am not going to keep spending money on it without ownership.

Pisses me off to no ends but I do have the old 31ft Uniflite for a project in the mean while (a running boat that I rewired, needs cosmetics). There's a good looking little 34ft sitting not to far from me in good shape (hell excellent shape compaired to this 34) with no engines. Since I have a set of perfectly good engines I may start working on getting it from the guy since he has a title.
    How did you end up with a boat and no title? Didn't you get it from a yard that had legitimately taken possession of the boat? If so they would have field a lien and then taken possesion which would give them the title. Sounds like someone didn't do things properly. If the owner won't do the paper work and sign the boat over to you he may be pissed that you took his boat. Maybe you can work out a deal with him explaining you took the boat in good faith that the yard had ownership of it. Unless he has a place to store it and the ability, means and desire to restore her, the boat will be a liability he may want to go away. Sounds to me like the yard gave you the boat illegally and now it's become your problem. You might want to talk to the yard that sold you the boat to see if you can recoup some of your time and money spent thus far. Sounds like they may be the cause of this becoming a mess unless you knew this going into it. If so its a lesson learned. A friend of mine just got the title for his boat. He bought it from a broker who purchased it from another dealer. Boat was a trade in and the selling broker had it for two years as his personal boat before my friend bought it. The selling broker and the dealer that took the boat in trade never completed all the paper work and now the original owner has passed away. He finally was able to get all the paperwork completed and received the title a few weeks ago, over a year since he bought it!
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Hatattack View Post

Forgive me if you have addressed this someplace else, but in which state was the boat titled? I know that Tennessee and Arkansas don't title boats, and I'm sure there are other states that don't as well. If push comes to shove, you could always register the boat in a non-title state as they only require a bill of sale. Just a thought.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Forgive me if you have addressed this someplace else, but in which state was the boat titled? I know that Tennessee and Arkansas don't title boats, and I'm sure there are other states that don't as well. If push comes to shove, you could always register the boat in a non-title state as they only require a bill of sale. Just a thought.
    That's assuming it's a legitimate, legal sale. That wouldn't keep the previous owner from trying to get his boat back if he has the title and a claim of ownership. I wouldn't do a thing until I had all the paperwork and was able to title or document the boat in my name. It sure would suck to dump a ton of time and money into the boat only to have the PO come take it back.
    Last edited by saltshaker; 11-08-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Jack Sardina

Yep, there is that. I just wasn't sure if the boat had in fact been titled.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Luckily I never really put money into the boat as I was afraid there would be paperwork issues with it.

I am currently looking at a nice 34ft for sale here locally (yes with proper documentation) so we will see if I move forward with her.
    Currently boat shopping

21' Skiff