Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Unbelievable luck in st. Lucie

I have been taking a 2 month break off the boat for the summer and now going to work at the turkey pt. nuclear plant next week. We have been struggling with the logistics of taking the car to homestead and worrying how to accomplish all this as well as moving the boat. Bob Kassel on Chateau De Mer helped me drive the boat to his marina and put me up for two days while we moved our car south and loaded groceries. He also picked me up from the rental car office. What a huge load off my mind!! We also went out to eat with him and his awesome wife. My wife and I are extremely grateful and can't say enough good things about Bob and Gayle. We are leaving tomorrow and planning to make it into the Herbert Hoover Marina Saturday, staying there till the end of October. Maybe we can meet some more great hatteras owners from the forum. I said all along, I bought a hatteras because of the HOF so maybe One day I will be able to help someone else out in a bind. Thanks again Bob and Gayle.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Re: Unbelievable luck in st. Lucie

Same here Bob I purchased mine because of a HOF member and would not trade for anything. My wife and i will be headed south (not much farther than Beauford SC I am affraid so i will bother you in Southport in about 3 months.I am in Hatteras now fishing a heck of a time this will be over in about another few weeks. Going back to Morehead for a few minor tweeks and off again, I want to meet the gal that posted the video. I want to learn how.

Tim

Tim, I will not be in southport. We will be in homestead, Florida. You will like southport though. Sorry I will miss you unless you want to go really far south. Might as well go to the keys for the winter. Good luck fishing.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Quote Originally Posted by magnawake View Post
    Tim, I will not be in southport. We will be in homestead, Florida. You will like southport though. Sorry I will miss you unless you want to go really far south. Might as well go to the keys for the winter. Good luck fishing.
    Yes I know I have hung out on Baldhead when the project first started duck hunting and wild hogs tore up the greens,
    Frankely i do not like Baldhead Mariner or the one on the icw SPort so i thought i would let you introduce me to the back side. You done with sp?

Yes, we are done, well never say never. I think we will end up in charleston after our work in the fall and spring. We also hope to make a Bahama run in May but I don't have the patientence to wait for a weather window. The last spring and fall was brutal. We lost time and just went to the keys.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Quote Originally Posted by magnawake View Post
    I have been taking a 2 month break off the boat for the summer and now going to work at the turkey pt. nuclear plant next week. We have been struggling with the logistics of taking the car to homestead and worrying how to accomplish all this as well as moving the boat. Bob Kassel on Chateau De Mer helped me drive the boat to his marina and put me up for two days while we moved our car south and loaded groceries. He also picked me up from the rental car office. What a huge load off my mind!! We also went out to eat with him and his awesome wife. My wife and I are extremely grateful and can't say enough good things about Bob and Gayle. We are leaving tomorrow and planning to make it into the Herbert Hoover Marina Saturday, staying there till the end of October. Maybe we can meet some more great hatteras owners from the forum. I said all along, I bought a hatteras because of the HOF so maybe One day I will be able to help someone else out in a bind. Thanks again Bob and Gayle.
    Pate,

You are very welcome. Glad we could help a fellow HOF'er. And it was nice to finally meet Lorie.
    Travel safely, it will be a wet day today.

Bobk

WET !! Nah it was a frog strangler to say the least. Most of the day wasn't bad though, it was just a couple thunder storms we went through. Lightning was popping around and I couldn't see past the nose of the boat. However, we made it to Delray city docks. We had to tie ourselves up and nobody to collect the money. It's a flat 60 dollars. I did make contact with a city person that told us where to park. I hope to make Miami tomorrow. Boy, I hate these bridges. I wish I could be offshore. Maybe next time.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC