Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC guy

AC guy

I need to buy a new cruise air unit. Isn't there an AC guy that a few of you guys use?

Thanks
    Glenn

Re: AC guy

You still in Texas? If so , I can't. Know a couple of good guys here in NC and one in SE FL.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Cruisair frowns on internet sales and transshipping.

Who will be installing and charging the system? Are they a dealer?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I use this guy in the Clear Lake (Houston) area

Brent Williams
    Upper Coast Marine
    832-315-7259

I'm in north Louisiana. 400 miles from a dealer. I will be installing the replacement unit.

Aqua Air makes these units and will sell directly to you from the factory. As I understand the story of how Aqua Air came to being is that long ago, James Nall was one of the partners, or such, of CruisAir. When he and his other partner that made up CruisAir split, he started Aqua Air, making the very same units as CruisAir. They know these old Hatteras well, including that goofy modulating system with all the solenoid valves that was only installed on the series I 58MY and 58C. They can make exact replacements if you are trying to replace an old, original unit. Or, you can buy a totally new system. I bought mine directly and installed them myself. The fact that I did not hire a marine AC guy to do the work did not affect my warranty. And because they did not have the CruisAir badge on them, they cost a lot less.

http://www.aquaair.net/
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com