Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hatteras 54-58 Motor Yacht 24 volt system vs 32 volt system

Wow I guess if this continues I may one day own a 58 or 65 LRC. You guys need to stay away from the 32 volt systems. Leave the nice ones for me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The facts are the facts. Potential buyer opinions and conclusions based on the facts is what makes a market. One needs to look no further than the deminished value in most all boats to witness how this works. Buyers pay their money and take their choice or not.

Pete

I guess another big concern would be the technical competence of the buyer... Ceterius Paribus between a 48 LRC, and a 65LRC turning on the system voltage? I'd have to rate myself below totally technically incompetent to swallow that pill..
    Last edited by dottieshusband; 08-20-2014 at 05:45 PM.

As I wrote previously the decision was a 48 versus 58 LRC. The 65 was not in play. And there were other differences that tipped the scales in favor of a 48, although 32 volts DC on the 58 was significant. A couple of the other items tilting the scale to the 48 included a mid ship master stateroom (no hull wave slapping during the night), access to the engine room without going through the living space, and a really big plus of access to ALL machinery from the front of the engines to the transom without taking apart pieces of the interior. Items important to the Admiral and I, but perhaps less important to others. Had the 58 been an enlarged version of the 48 configuration rather than more typical of a flush deck motor yacht, it would have really been a difficult decision. And do not read my preferences as anything but personal preference. The 58 LRC is a beautiful yacht.

Pete