Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

53 Convertible for the short list

Anyone looking for convertible in the 50 foot range might want to look at this one. If the pictures are recent this is a nice one.http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1976...s#.U-ZUjlaQbwI

Re: 53 Convertible for the short list

I just realized I may have broken the commercial post rule for this section of the forum. I have tried to delete it but have been unable. Please excuse the mistake. I have no connection to this 53 and just thought it was a great example of the model.

I don't think you broke any rules since you have to connection to the listing.

Nothing wrong with posting a listing unless you are the broker or commercially representing the boat.
    Jack Sardina

It looks like a nice one but the price seems pretty steep for the old style bridge.

Nice rig! I always liked the walk around on the flybridge edge.

I've been on this boat prior to the current owner purchasing it. I had a client that was real close to pulling the trigger but was hesitant because he really wanted a repowered vessel. I haven't seen it since 2004 so I can't speak for the current condition but I can tell you at the time it was one of the nicest I've ever seen. To put all that work into redoing a classic vessel with out putting in modern power to me doesn't make sense but I'm sure he that owner had his reasons.

To the best of my memory and old notes it was originally listed by Gold Key Yachts in Late Summer of 2003 for like $480K and Sold around April of 2004 for Like $325K. When it was listed there was NO Davit or Dinghy so that must be new from the current owner. Iterior was done very well and if someone could puchase for around $150 or less I think they'd be doing well.

Tony

The name of the boat was "Plain to Sea" and Chuck Edwards at Gold Key was the Broker at the time. If anyone had interest in the boat he had intimate knowledge of the refit and all that was done to the vessel. I personally just don't remember anymore about it but I'm sure he would and the fact it's no longer his customer or listing you could probably get a very fair evaluation on the refit.

Tony