Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1985 53ED in Glouchest Point Va " Columbine"

Hi , I'm new to the site but have been reading opinions from members about various boats for sale.
    I've been looking at a lot of 53's on line and like the layout of the ED. Anyone familiar with this boat? started at 329 and now asking 299

Re: 1985 53ED in Glouchest Point Va " Columbine"

The 53 ED is a wonderful model. $329? In that price range it had better be a "like new" "pristine" example. Could you put her in the boat show tomorrow, and it would be impossible to tell between her and a brand new boat? If the answer is yes, then try to buy her between $225-250, which is what a "10" is worth these days in a 53ED.

If the boat is not an absolute 10, keep looking.

I was on Jacks boat 2 years ago. At that time he used it often, and when something needed to be fixed he did it the right way. The broker (Harry) found our LRC and made the purchase easy and fun. Do your dueddilgenance, pay for a survey learn the boat, Harry can help. Just my two cents.
    Curt

appreciate the guidance

I have seen the boat before-- about a year ago. In my opinion the boat is in great condition, but still only worth about 200,000. at the most. These boats don't bring what they used to. I guess due to age.