Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Cool 82' convertible in Ca.

I am in love now I just need to find the 1 milliion dollars . I will take a look under my bed !

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bod/4564903004.html

Re: 82' convertible in Ca.

Craigslist? Weird. Although I suppose it is on YW etc.

Are these engines DDECs? I don't know enough about them to know.

Would have been an interesting trip delivering this boat, through the Panama Canal etc. I wonder if she went on Dockwise or one of those companies boats.

Images

The listing has to be wrong on the engine type dd only had the 16 v to 1450 hp that is what's in my 58c 2475 hp engines are much larger and needed for a boat this size.

16v149 ' s approached 2500 hp.

I'm sure the fuel burn would hurt more than the purchase price.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I knew a broker that new this boat well about 8 to 10 years ago. She won the Bisby, and the rumor is the owner put a ton of money into her, including maybe repowering her with MTUs. That would explain the horsepower. Not sure about this, as it's only something I heard about through another person. I have seen the boat around in San Diego, and she is a looker. It's weird to have a boat like this with a nonexclusive listing, as there are a number of brokers that listing her.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

You would need a couple of oil wells of your own, to fuel this boat. I can't imagine what she would burn, even at a slow cruise. Frightening to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by nor'easter View Post
    I knew a broker that new this boat well about 8 to 10 years ago. She won the Bisby, and the rumor is the owner put a ton of money into her, including maybe repowering her with MTUs. That would explain the horsepower. Not sure about this, as it's only something I heard about through another person. I have seen the boat around in San Diego, and she is a looker. It's weird to have a boat like this with a nonexclusive listing, as there are a number of brokers that listing her.
    There's a lot that doesn't add up in the listing. The 16V149DDEC was an option but I don't think the HP was that high. I think the highest HP engines were the Deutz at around 2400HP. The pictures show DDEC displays and controls so they may be 16V149s. If the boat was repowered with bigger MTUs they would have the same displays but the heat exchanger in one of the ER photos doesn't look like a 16V200 which is most likely what they would put in her. Price is very low if she was indeed repowered with modern MTUs.
    Jack Sardina

Just FYI this boat has been on the market FOREVER. I have been by it many times in my dinghy. For a while it was parked over by all of the sport boats at Fisherman's Landing and I think it is now over
    in the Kona Kai area. and it looks tired. I can't speak to the interior but if the machinery spaces look
    like the exterior then some buyer has
    a lot of work ahead of them. It has about 20 antennas sticking out of everywhere. As long as this boat has been for sale, they keep promoting the fact that it won the Bisbee tournament in Cabo. This has absolutely nothing to do with the condition of this boat. Not enough engine room shots for my
    taste. Manual gauge package looks DDEC to me. Buyer beware......Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macdonald View Post
    Just FYI this boat has been on the market FOREVER. I have been by it many times in my dinghy. For a while it was parked over by all of the sport boats at Fisherman's Landing and I think it is now over
    in the Kona Kai area. and it looks tired. I can't speak to the interior but if the machinery spaces look
    like the exterior then some buyer has
    a lot of work ahead of them. It has about 20 antennas sticking out of everywhere. As long as this boat has been for sale, they keep promoting the fact that it won the Bisbee tournament in Cabo. This has absolutely nothing to do with the condition of this boat. Not enough engine room shots for my
    taste. Manual gauge package looks DDEC to me. Buyer beware......Ross

Years ago I won a bunch of tournaments. I hope I aged better than the boat Ross.

Interesting how someone will never give up the credit of how they won the tournament until they try to sell something and think it makes it more valuable. 10 minutes after its sold their back to taking all the credit again.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I blame Antiques Roadshow. "Provenance" adds value just like "Gravitas" adds political clout.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375