Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: Runaway Runabout Mates With My Hatteras

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Jack, I hope you're right. I'm not looking to come out ahead on this deal, but I'll be damned if I'll sit still for coming out behind.
    It's stated in my policy and has been on my other boats.
    Jack Sardina

I guess my next biggest problem is, where do I take the boat for repairs? Blue Springs Marina is just a few miles upstream, but I don't think they have any capabilities of spraying the boat short of doing it outside. I'm not sure anybody on the upper end of the river has the ability to pull a boat into at least a semi dust-free environment. I guess a little dirt will buff out.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

That looks like more than two grand to me. Even if you could blend in the paint, there's no guarantee it will weather the same or stay that way. I think whoever does it will need to paint the hull side.

Those gouges are pretty deep. Probably would have sunk a Sea Ray.

I'm sure it will cost more than $2K (which happens to be the amount of my deductible) to repair this damage. I guess I'll call my agent, again, and see how to proceed given the response from this guy at Farm Bureau. The owner told me he was going to the boat to check things out and said he would call when he got there. Never heard from him.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Should I call my adjuster friends Vito and nunzio?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Randy,
    Last August I tried a case against the owner of a breakaway barge which struck and damaged my clients commercial fishing boat. The owner was negligent in mooring their barge. The Federal court awarded actual and punitive damages. You might want to send the adjuster a copy of the decision. Google "Graham Pcl Freeport " and see if that gives it to you. If not I can email you a copy if you like.

If the runabouts insurer does not respond, I suggest working with your insurer and they will likely sue to recover their expense and your deductible.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Vincentc; 07-30-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Thanks for your input, Vincent. After hearing other comments and thinking this thing over, filing with my insurance is probably the best route. They would have more interest in making me happy than the other guy's insurer would. Maybe I'm kidding myself there, but I'll discuss things with my agent this morning.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Seems my agent is out of town for the next week and a half, but I went ahead and filed a claim. Will keep you posted on the progress.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote: I guess my next biggest problem is, where do I take the boat for repairs? Blue Springs Marina is just a few miles upstream, but I don't think they have any capabilities of spraying the boat short of doing it outside.

Aqua Marina near mile 215 has the facilities and capability to make the repair and match the paint. They have done a couple of hatts that I am familair with. One is a 60MY located on Wilson Lake at the Turtle Point Yacht club. Another, my neighbors 36, which was done two or three years ago and was just the stearn and had to be blended. It looks perfect.

I'm sure the round trip cruise expenses would become part of the claim.
    Jim
    1984 53' MY
    'Plan B'

Hey randy your boat was not mated. It was raped. It will need therapy too. They should pay for that too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.