Rode down to the marina in my newly acquired go-fast boat only to find some idiot had tied his runabout parallel to the stern of his houseboat in the slip next to mine. We're talking about a totally exposed dockage here that takes the full brunt of storms and wakes of other idiots who don't understand the meaning of "NO WAKE". Apparently they don't make ski rope like they used to, and his boat broke away during a strong storm Sunday evening and took refuge against my starboard bow. Luckily it found its way back out again and ended up in the back of the cove where the marina is located. Marina personnel towed the boat from whence it came and contacted the owner.

They gave me the owner's name and phone number after I pointed out my damage. Seems the guy had already contacted his insurance company about damage to his boat, but he apparently didn't see the damage to mine. I called and left a message for his adjuster, and when the guy called me back, he informed me that this was an act of God, and that I would have to file a claim under my own insurance. I don't think so, bubba. God didn't tie that boat up with ski rope, your idiot insured did.

I'm not sure what I'm going to get into with our respective insurance companies, but my primary concern is having the boat properly repaired. I'm just not sure what to expect in terms of a paint match that won't leave me looking with a patch job that sticks out like a proverbial sore thumb. Oh the joys of sharing the waterways with people who haven't a clue.