Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Jeez - another multimeter bites the dust...

FYI, I have had a fluke for 20 years, twice in that time the display started to drop liquid crystal pixels, I remove the cover then remove and re-seat the display and it fixes the issue.
    Bill

The problem with cheap meters is cheap test leads. There's nothing worse than those stiff plastic wires that won't straighten out and keep pulling the meter off where your trying to see it. I'd buy a fluke just for the leads.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

you can buy Fluke leads by themselves…from a pair up to a $160 set of leads/connectors. Would probably look odd on a $6 multimeter but hey, $160 for cables and 6 bucks for a meter… http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-98025.html

I ordered the Fluke 179 kit mentioned in my earlier post. I won't cancel this one.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Received my Fluke 179 kit today...Nice piece of gear. In fact, I was so impressed I ordered another one. I had planned to take this one back to Mexico but I liked it so much I will leave it on the boat and purchase another one to take back there. I really recommend the kit but would add a pair of Fluke alligator clips to the purchase. I will add two pairs of those with the additional 179 kit order and leave a pair of gator clips here and take a pair with me.

I dont recall being so impressed with the Fluke MM I had years ago...Not sure what has changed, me or Fluke?
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"